Graduate Opportunity - Suitable for Maths, Economics, Physics or similar - 2:1 & above - Trading Assistant (not financial trading) - Central London - Salary up to £33,000 dependent on skills & experience - J12587
Candidates applying for this role will agree to work on a shift pattern basis with early mornings and late evening including 50% weekend work.
A long standing, impressive client of ours is currently looking for three new graduates to join their organisation. Working in the field of global sports trading, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with mass amounts of data and work in an environment filled with highly qualified and inspiring individuals. A great role for a high grade numerical graduate (2022/2023) to join a dynamic organisation and gain valuable training and skills.
As part of their operations team, you will be responsible for operating and monitoring their trading activities around the globe via the trading platform. You'll have a high attention to detail, be confident to speak up on errors and be hungry to grow and succeed.
If you are diligent, switched on and with an enthusiastic attitude, we would love to hear from you.
• Monitoring and operating trading platforms which run 24/7
• Spotting inconsistencies, errors and unusual behaviour
• Developing insights into customer, counterparty and market behaviour
• Liaising with traders, counterparties and trading venues on an ad hoc-basis
• Helping troubleshoot issues that arise in the trade cycle
• Collaborating with developers and traders to improve the functionality of our platform
• Education to BSc level, ideally in a mathematical or scientific subject
• Good proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Ability to come to grips with new applications quickly
• Attention to detail. In a field where missing a single character can make all the difference, we would expect you to work meticulously.
• A high degree of numeracy, including probabilities
• Aptitude for dealing with different time zones and currencies
• Comfortable making informed trading decisions
• Good organisational skills. You should have a structured approach to your work and enjoy liaising with your immediate colleagues to keep everyone up to date.
• Knowledge in SQL is welcome, but can also be acquired on the job
• Strong interpersonal skills and a mature, responsible attitude
• Willingness to work flexible hours. This role involves weekend rotation work. You need to be comfortable to regularly swap work days during the week for weekends at least 50% of the time.
• Most importantly, you need to display initiative: As a self-starter, you are comfortable delving both into existing projects and taking up new projects.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk