Data Engineering Lead - Office base in West Sussex with flexible approach to working week (1-2 days in month in office) - Negotiable to £80,000 plus good bonus potential - J12657
Would you like to work for one of the largest credit management services providers in Europe and the market leader in the UK? They are looking for an experienced Data Engineering Lead to lead a small professional team based out of their West Sussex offices. Whilst your office will be West Sussex you will only be expected to go in once or twice a month so can work remotely in UK elsewhere if you prefer.
The Data Engineering Lead/Head of Data Engineering is responsible for the development, maintenance and continual improvement of their Cloud based data environment required to intelligently run their pan-European debt purchasing business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Lead the development, maintenance and monitoring of their pan-European Data environment in line with business led priorities and requirements
oConnectivity and integration of new data sources
oMaintenance, development and reinvention of core business data processes delivered through their data environment
oCollation and aggregation of standardized data marts
• In collaboration with DPO, maintain an awareness and oversight of how they use data ensuring the highest standards of compliance
• Build and maintain a network of trusted relationships at the senior level across the company for the purpose of understanding and effectively delivering the Data Engineering agenda
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the pan-European non-performing loan market specifically including application of innovative Data Engineering opportunities to create business value
Key Working Relationships & Communications
• The role has senior level exposure to the Executive teams at both Business Unit and Group levels. The individual will need to have the confidence, credibility and ability to represent the Data Engineering agenda at the most senior level
• The role will work closely with the Data and Analytics teams in each of the UK and European Business Units
• The role will maintain a close working relationship with the wider Data Science team in order to collaborate on the requirements for the Data Fabric and implementation of group-wide analytical infrastructure projects and priorities
• The role will require liaison with external technical SMEs at third party data providers such as Credit Reference Agencies
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong academic background including numerical degree level qualification or higher
• A track record working in a data and analytics led, commercially minded organization
• Proven and confident communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Extensive experience in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines, data warehouses, and ETL processes.
• Proficiency in various databases and data storage technologies such as SQL
• Knowledge of data modelling, schema design, and data governance principles to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
• Experience with cloud services Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk