Credit Risk Manager - Hybrid Cardiff - J12649
Salary Up to £75,000 DoE
No Sponsorship available
Join an exciting new Specialist Mortgage team with the freedom and innovation of a small start up but with the security of a large parent company.
Seeking individuals, who are keen to learn, excited about getting stuck in and are ready for a challenge to achieve the aim of creating a special lending business for customers.
A broad role which includes managing the credit policy, referral strategy, affordability process, Open Banking usage, price-setting and much more. Responsibility for optimising existing processes whilst supporting key strategic projects.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative and high-profile environment, and will be required to hit the ground running. Candidates will be given responsibility to set direction and lead the way, whilst very much retaining a hands-on approach.
• Managing the credit policy for the mortgages portfolio
• Monitoring funnel and arrears performance and continually looking for areas of improvement
• Understanding and optimising the referral journey by balancing risk and automation
• Reviewing the underwriting strategy and constantly looking for areas of improvement
• Exploring new products and data services that would improve the decisioning and pricing capabilities
• Optimise our approach to affordability decisioning, including income verification, whilst ensuring we lend responsibly and comply to regulatory requirements
• Working alongside our Data and BI colleagues to deliver best-in-class MI
• Representing Credit Risk in relevant forums and updating key stakeholders on the team's activities and performance
Required Skills and Experience
• Five years' (minimum) experience in mortgage lending within a credit risk environment (or similar) is essential
• Experience of writing board/committee papers and strategy documents
• Experience with the following would be advantageous:
• Pricing strategy
• Model Building/Validation
• Fraud risk strategy
• Financial Crime
• Open Banking/PSD2
• Consumer Duty
• Managing a team
To find out more and to apply for this role in various UK locations please contact email@example.com 01256 314660.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk