SQL & Reporting Analyst - 2-year Fixed Term Contract - Middlesex offices/Home - hybrid working 2/3 days pw in the office - Salary negotiable dep on experience £35 - 50,000 - J12618
This is a 2-year fixed term contract, with all the benefits and development opportunities of a permanent employee. They hope there will be an opportunity of this becoming a permanent role during your employment with them however this cannot be guaranteed.
This role is suitable for a graduate with 1+ years' experience in an Analyst role post university. Degrees such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, MORSE, Economics etc. You should have a strong enthusiasm for problem solving and a passion for data. You will be expected to provide analytical expertise, seek to identify data gaps and proactively develop the data agenda in line with business priorities as well as challenge business leaders to become truly data driven. A positive thinker with plenty of curiosity would be ideal for this role.
• Partner with core business areas to gain a deep understanding of their data, reporting, visualisation and analysis needs
• Manage a portfolio of dashboards, visualisations and data sources, and the continuous improvement of these
• Deliver robust and accurate data sets and visualisations within expected timescales
• Structure problems and design and develop numerical models to inform decisions
• Proactively consult and bring together multiple stakeholders and gain buy-in to ideas and approaches
• Provide deep insight for critical business questions using a variety of analytical tools e.g. SQL, Tableau, Python and Excel
• Proven advanced analytical skills
• Comfortable challenging and influencing senior management with conflicting views
• Creativity in recommending solutions and commitment to driving delivery
• Proven ability to lead the direction of analytical projects
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
• Proven technical skills including SQL, Excel and Python (or similar)
• Experience in design and creation of data visualisations and dashboards e.g. Tableau
• Numerate Degree is essential
• 1+ year in an Analyst role
• Analysing complex issues, packaging findings and presenting effectively to stakeholders
• Managing databases and/or blending data
• Designing data for management information purposes
• Visualising data and presenting trends and findings for broad audiences
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk