Media Agency Technology Product Director - London - Salary Competitive based on experience - J11911
Do you have a passion for creating and evolving products that amaze clients and are essential for staff to do their jobs? Would you like to lead on technology products shaping the dynamic world of advertising? One of the world's leading media communications specialists have an exciting new opening for a Technology Product Director. This role will initially take ownership of established applications that provide campaign reporting, global media planning and competitive reporting and also work across newer applications such as Creative Analytics, Planning/Creative/Performance Audit, Data Quality validation (mValidate), Social Insights (Community Plus) and tools that are currently at MVP stage or earlier such as ecommerce (SPARC) tools. The Technology Product Director will identify new technology product opportunities for scaling to enterprise level to drive value and revenue. Also stays on top of industry trends, competitive solutions to products and general technology developments to ensure they remain best in class and relevant for the business.
• Develop the strategy, goals, roadmaps and oversee roadmap implementation for key Systems Tech products (media plan management and workflow, competitive reporting, data visualisation)
• Set the product marketing strategy for the System Tech product suite. Build product messaging that communicates the benefits and unique selling points of each product. Communicate the vision and value of technology products to clients, new business and client teams through presentations, pitch decks, case studies and messaging.
• Lead and evolve the commercial models for the products.
• Create a framework for product creation across the Tech Community.
• Identify new technology product opportunities.
• Manage the technology product lifecycle from product vision and strategy through to delivery, support and product retirement. Oversee a smooth transition from product vision, goals and roadmap through to the definition, design and development, training and go live of individual roadmap items.
• Own and establish the technology product framework for the Systems Tech, focusing on the product process, as well as effective involvement of all involved specialist teams (UX UI, engineering, project management, business analysis, product support etc.)
• Define and analyse success and performance metrics and user feedback and insights for technology products and apply lessons to existing products and future work.
• Work hand in hand with your colleagues to establish and champion best practice for all elements of technology product development, implementation and maintenance.
• Lead, motivate and develop a small team of Technology Product Managers and the newly established Design (UX UI) team.
• Manage the Technology Product and Design team, setting goals and overseeing day-to-day operations and performance
• Working with your peers and The Office of the CTO contribute to creating an open, friendly, inclusive, and supportive team culture within the Technology Product Team and the wider Systems Tech team.
• Oversee your teams' career progression and training and development needs in conjunction with The Office of the CTO.
• Build productive and positive relationships with stakeholders throughout the business, ensure Systems Tech effectively works with client and specialist teams.
• Consult new business teams, ensuring relevant products from the portfolio are included in pitch proposals and contribute to new client wins.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Media Agency experience is a MUST HAVE
. Experience of developing technology product strategy that drives the business vision and delivers business growth and operational efficiency.
• Good experience of development roadmap definition and implementation management.
• Experienced at scaling internal products to enterprise level.
• A background in working on B2B and internal business applications that place an emphasis on visualisation, UX & UI.
• Good leadership skills with the ability to develop and grow staff.
• Excellent understanding of data with experience leading complex data focused products
• Broad technology experience including web technologies, databases and cloud computing.
Knowledge of the software development process.
• Design and UX UI understanding of design frameworks, processes and measurement.
• Gravitas with the ability to instil confidence in the business and to understand and demonstrate the business value of data and technology.
• Experience of building stakeholder relationships at all levels and influencing others across the business.
• You understand that your success depends on teamwork. You love being part of a bigger team. You bring a positive, can-do attitude.
• Exceptional spoken and written communication skills. You have the technical and communication skills to be credible with technology and business specialists.
• A love of learning and a desire to share your knowledge and skills with others.
• Knowledge of the media planning and buying process and the suite of media management platforms utilised across different channels and in different markets. Broad AdTech and MarTech knowledge.
• Experience in workflow and cultural considerations of working with remote teams across different geographies.
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.