Technical Pricing Manager - Retail Insurance * To c£70,000 + Benefits * Hybrid working (Flex London & Surrey offices/Home) * J11535
Our client constantly tops the employer to work for leagues - a truly supportive environment committed to employee development. Due to an internal transfer, they are looking for a new Technical Pricing Manager in their UK Retail Insurance business with strong technical capability and a collaborative approach to working. Initially home based due to COVID-19, they encourage and enable smart working and flexibility and foresee this role being performed as a home office split from either their Central London or Surrey office depending on preferences.
As a Technical Pricing Manager you will lead the end-to-end development of robust claims risk models and ensure that they are correctly implemented into production systems. You will be responsible for ensuring that models remain performant, monitoring account loss ratios, and recommending remedial actions where appropriate.
You will be someone that has significant experience developing robust predictive models using either traditional actuarial techniques or machine learning, are an advocate of collaborative working and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are looking for someone with existing management experience, or a highly experienced analyst looking for progression.
You will have a critical and analytical approach to problem solving, strong leadership skills, and a healthy appetite for personal development.
The role requires:
• Sound programming skills, (e.g. SAS, SQL, VBA, Python and/or R)
• Experience building risk models for insurance pricing or similar
• Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
• Appetite to learn and enhance your data science skills, particularly with respect to machine learning
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good presentation, influencing and persuasion skills
• Experience of working within a similar actuarial, pricing or statistical role in the financial services industry
• Evidence of demonstrating personal effectiveness in prior roles
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
• Machine learning skills with R, Python and/or H2O
• Experience working with Git
• Familiarity with EMBLEM
• Management experience
• Use of databricks and other Microsoft Azure based data science tooling
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential conversation or make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with UK working rights for this opportunity.