Software Engineer C++/Linux - Derivatives Trading - To c£90K - London office/WFH Flex - J11557
Amazing new opportunity with a leading options market maker with a global trading footprint. They have been at the evolutionary forefront of options market making for 20 years, from the open outcry of traditional trading pits to the screen trading and automated algorithmic execution strategies that form the future of the industry.
From offices in London, Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong, they offer best in class liquidity solutions across Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX derivatives markets and pride themselves on our entrepreneurial, collaborative and philanthropic culture.
Their low latency derivatives trading system is written in-house. It is implemented in C++ and runs on Linux. The execution and algorithms teams are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary trading algorithms, and exchange connectivity to most major derivatives venues. Programmers on these teams collaborate closely with traders, hardware and support teams. The teams are pragmatic and self-organising, delivering work iteratively. The teams follow best software practices, including unit testing, continuous integration and peer review. The individuals that make these teams up are problem solvers who are knowledgeable, collaborative, motivated and friendly, reflecting their values. The wider organisation is supportive and collaborative - technology is at the centre of what they do.
You will work directly on projects that are impactful to the company's revenues and their ability to compete and expand.
You will have:
• A pragmatic, problem-solving mind set
• Excellent modern C++, ideally on Linux/Unix
• Great practical understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Practical experience of asynchronous and multi-threaded programming • An appreciation for clean, readable, testable code
It would be excellent if you had:
• Previous experience implementing trading algorithms
• A good understanding and practical experience of network programming
• Previous experience of exchange protocols for order routing and market data
• A working understanding of options theory
• An understanding of computer architecture and how it relates to the performance of your code
Experience with the following tools and languages is beneficial:
Python, shell scripting, CMake, Jenkins, PCAP/Wireshark, C, static analyzers, a range of compilers.
To find out more about this amazing new opportunity please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for an initial confidential discussion or make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note this client is able to provide sponsorship to those already based in the UK.