Senior Underwriter - Europe Remote - J11863
We have an exciting new opportunity to join a fast growing business that provides the most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. As a Senior Underwriter you will sit at the core of the company. You will be responsible for determining the creditworthiness of businesses, monitoring the portfolio and improving the lending policies and end-to-end processes. In doing so, you will help fund thousands of growing SMEs that are the lifeblood of the global economy and the top measurement of the company's future success. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with teams throughout the company to improve and automate their underwriting process so that they effectively maintain this trajectory. This role will suit someone with a background in SME lending, challenger banks, and other disruptive FinTechs.
• Make timely and informed decisions by thoroughly analysing credit applications and presenting which product and terms customers are eligible for
• Further our competitive advantage by improving our underwriting rules for existing and new product lines
• Minimise the businesses risk exposure by carrying out Due Diligence and data integrity checks on potential customers
• Ensure sustained performance of the loan book through regular risk assessments and monitoring of the portfolio
• Collaborate with the Sales and Tech teams to continuously improve and automate the end-to-end application process
• Help us to meet our reporting requirements by keeping reporting tools up-to-date and producing credit memos as required
Skills and Requirements
• A number of years of experience as an SME Underwriter
• Practical experience in developing risk scorecards and automating underwriting processes
• Excellent analytical skills, with a strong understanding of marketing, transaction and accounting data
• Great attention to detail, with a focus on continuous process improvement
• Critical and first-principles thinking with a willingness to challenge the status-quo and suggest new approaches to solving problems
• An excellent team player style who is comfortable collaborating with others to resolve issues and move forward.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk