J11737 - Senior Model Linear Regression Optimisation Specialist - Oxford
Join the modelling team at this leading energy research company based in Oxford and help make a difference. As an Energy Modeller, you will be using your state-of-the-art optimisation techniques and software development skills to boost the existing modelling capabilities of the organisation and manage junior colleagues.
Role & Responsibilities
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
• Leading and implementing optimisation techniques in models in order to capture real-world problems
• Liaising with the modelling team to drive forward best software development practices
• Working alongside the consulting, research and SaaS teams to develop models to meet client requirements
• Mentoring junior colleagues via topical training, code reviews and feedback sessions
Experience & Skills Required
In order to be successful within this role you will have:
• Three years of relevant optimisation experience, preferably in a commercial environment
• Exposure to software engineering best practice i.e. writing modular code, version control and automatic testing
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
If you fit the above job description, please contact Sue Saunders on 01256 314 660 or email her on [email protected] Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.