Senior Data Scientist - Digital Space - Neg DoE to £80,000 plus good bonus - Hybrid working - London or South East offices & Home - J11659
Our Financial Services client prides themselves on being the best at what they do and recognising that it's the people that make the difference to any organisation. They have an ethical, values driven culture and believe in treating our employees, and our customers, fairly. So they recruit people who share their values and behaviours.
They are on the lookout for Senior Data Scientist (Digital) to join our Advanced Analytics - if you are hard-working, analytically and commercially talented, believe in treating people fairly, interested in financial services and would like to work in a business that leads its sector in terms of digital capabilities, data and analytics, then this could well be the opportunity for you.
About the role:
The Senior Data Scientist (Digital) role, within the Advanced Analytics team, would focus on optimising digital operations within the business using advanced Machine Learning skills. This is a high impact role where you will have the chance to add significant value to the business and influence the way it operates using data. The role aspires to a position with strong technical leadership and will suit an individual who is ambitious yet has the ability to take the team with them.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have 3-4 years of professional experience in developing and managing data intensive projects within the online e-commerce/advertising sectors as following:
1.Business Requirements & Value
• You can effectively communicate with business stakeholders and identify issues where machine learning can solve problems and add value.
• You can conduct workshop sessions with stakeholders and non-technical colleagues to understand the domain, the issues they face and eventually present solutions.
• Understand the business value of the solution and define metrics to measure it.
• Communicate the ML paradigm with colleagues, with varying technical capabilities, from senior executives to junior staff within the company.
2.Data Analytics & Processing
• You like to spend time with the existing data sources and analyse it in depth along with its business context and how it is being captured.
• You can do data exploration required for solving the issue and understand any gaps that exist with data.
• You understand the benefits of a well-represented data and can develop balanced datasets with due consideration to issues such as bias, fairness and equity.
• You can communicate gaps within data to the stakeholders and plan projects accordingly.
• Ideally you have experience within the E-Commerce/Online Retail & Advertising space and have worked on systems such as recommender systems, customer specific models, personalisation and, time-series and forecasting models or similar to drive customer conversion.
• You have experience with A/B testing framework and have used it to drive customer journeys.
• You have working knowledge of key machine learning based algorithms: supervised (Linear regression, SVM, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting and Neural Networks), Unsupervised (KMeans, Gaussian Mixtures, DBSCAN) etc and the entire end to end ML pipeline.
• You employ hypothesis-based model development process to efficiently develop the best performing model for the issue you are trying to address.
• No model is useful till it can be used by the customer, you have experience in productionising models, especially on cloud.
• You have experience serving models using APIs that are fully serviced and managed.
• You appreciate the benefits of automation to deploy models in a repeatable and reproducible manner and have experience with MLOps.
5.Monitor and Feedback
• Data changes and so do concepts, you are able to monitor drift in models and data and can efficiently retrain models to update on a regular basis.
• You have experience in conducting trials with customers and can measure value being delivered by the deployed model.
• You are able to capture feedback and thereby lay foundations for developing the next improved version of the system, be it changes to data, model or re-defining the issue in light of new insights.
6.Leadership and Project Management
• You are able to lead and manage the end-to-end delivery of the solution.
• You have experience in managing the project and can deliver it in full to agreed deadlines.
• You can motivate your team and can steer conversations towards the end goal of delivering the project.
• Required: Python based Data Science stack and ecosystem.
• Preferred: Azure Cloud experience (but AWS/GCP/etc. is fine too). SQL or similar.
• Nice to have: Git or similar variant.
If you would like to find out more about this new opportunity please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept application from those with current UK working rights for this opportunity.