Innovative & Ambitious Senior Data Scientist - London/Hybrid - £70-85,000 - J11707
Our client is a digital market research company delivering revelations, not observations for the world's most ambitious brands. They aid their Global Blue-Chip clients' growth by unearthing actionable insights and developing revenue growing ideas. All their clients strive to deeply understand consumers to help them make things those consumers really want - as evidenced by their willingness to buy, advocate and buy again. They are solution-agnostic. Their insights are as likely to apply to product innovation as they are to distribution, pricing or promotion. They think critically, creatively and commercially to surface human truths from 3rd & 1st party data.
The Senior Data Scientist role involves overseeing and managing work streams involving large and varied sources of data; experimentation; R&D; and using statistical methods to generate powerful insights for decision-making and aid business intelligence.
They have ambition to integrate Data Science into all work they do for clients and see it as an important pillar for the continued success of the business. They focus on delivering expert revelations from qualitative and quantitative sources to inform and guide their clients and generate actionable, measurable, insight. Working with a broad range of FMCG, pharmaceutical, charity, retail, government, e-commerce, and automotive clients.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will primarily:
• Act as the architect to enable build out of data science capability, expansion and provisioning
• Manage the research and development process to improve R&D planning and provisioning
• Work with strategists, innovation, and wider team to develop new capabilities and usage for data science, ML/AI capabilities, as well as unlocking new data sources for the business to derive intelligence
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of compiling, processing, and analysing large data sets (both quantitative and qualitative)
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of analytical tools, data sources and methods - specifically around marketing and consumer data
• Provide training, mentorship, and peer to peer support for data scientists and wider analyst team
• Provide thought leadership content (articles, whitepapers, case studies)
• Provide insightful reports of campaigns and projects for clients using reliable statistics and analytical tools
• Demonstrate ability to articulate statistical findings compellingly, in a way that is easy to understand
• Developing & maintaining activity plans with existing clients
• Demonstrate multi-tasking ability, keep multiple projects on-track, structuring and executing work
The role would suit a candidate with a background in the sciences, strong statistical knowledge, and online marketing experience.
Ideally, you will have …
• Advanced experience of working in a data science capacity; a degree (or equivalent experience), and a strong background in statistics
• A strong NLP background (this would be welcome but is not necessary)
• Advanced knowledge of R, SQL, Python, Excel
• A strong background in stats/math
• Previous experience of Azure stack and agency experience would be a benefit
You will also be…
• Research driven
• Creative and detail oriented
• Analytical and empathetic
• Proactive, and goal focused
• A team player and organised
• Have good interpersonal skills
• Have a keen ability to adapt and learn fast
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch or call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660for a confidential discussion.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with current full UK working rights for this role.