Senior Data Scientist * £Competitive Package * Remote working/2 days a month in London office * J11601
Data and Analytics is foundational to our global client and will drive their transformation to a business that is powered by data.
To deliver on this ambition set by this OGSM they require the very highest level of data science expertise to join the business.
They need an individual who can apply their knowledge and experience of data science techniques to their unique data sets and lead data science projects, working closely with their partners across the global businesses.
In this role you will:
• Plan and lead data science projects
• Review work on the project, identifying errors in Theory, Implementation and Business Logic.
• Ability to apply both technical and commercial experience to data science problems across all stages of project life cycle
• Lead team members and work with stakeholders to provide actionable insights
• Enthusiastically evolve the team's skillset, learning new technologies and techniques
• Share ideas, promote best practices and suggest enhancements
• Work closely with stakeholders, data engineers and technology partners to communicate project progress and identify risks
• Have a strong customer focus and a keen understanding of commercially actionable deliverables
• Degree in Mathematics, engineering, sciences, computer science
• Knowledge of the health/retail sector ideal - other sector experience considered
• Experience planning and managing projects
• Knowledge in applying analytics and data science
• Capacity and enthusiasm for mentoring and coaching less experienced data scientists
• Expert knowledge in Python
• Advantageous - Experience working in a Microsoft Azure cloud environment
• Advantageous - Databricks
• Advantageous - PySpark
Key Functional Competencies:
• Statistical and data science skills (e.g. Pandas, SciPy, Databricks, PySpark, SQL, Scala)
• Technical mentoring and coaching skills
• Organisational, planning and design skills
To find out more about this new global opportunity, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in touch. Please not we can only accept applications from those with current UK working rights.