Senior Data Scientist * London/Hybrid working - £60-80,000 plus good benefits * J11720
To deliver on our Global Retail & Scientific client's ambition of being Powered by Data strategy they need talent with expertise and experience of data science and advanced analytics to deliver multiple initiatives and join the change in data and customer centric thinking across the entire business
The purpose of this role is to be an integral part of the data science function and to deliver the Powered by Data roadmap across divisions using the ecosystem of huge scale and variety of data available.
This will involve building a clear understanding of the potential benefits that connected data and analytics can bring and supporting this vision with stakeholders. The role involved hands-on deliver of analytics and insight. Collaboration with stakeholders is essential throughout to ensure the insights are actionable and that the business is ready to apply them to deliver the benefits. The role requires end-to-end expertise from data, analytics and insight delivery to stakeholder engagement and support of benefit realization.
As the data and analytics team is in its nascent stage, they will be working in a very nimble and entrepreneurial way. New hires will need to be able to be comfortable and effective across the spectrum of work they need to deliver
What are they looking for?
• Established varied technical experience in delivering statistical analytics, data science and insight on large-scale consumer data sets across multiple sectors
• Demonstrable experience using data science and advanced analytics to generate business value and change
• Good knowledge of Python (numpy, pandas, etc.) is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
• Must have excellent communication skills, and interact effectively with all levels of internal business stakeholders to take them on the Insight journey
What can you expect?
• An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension
• A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance
• The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch or call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential call in the first instance.
Please note we can only accept applications form those with current UK working rights for this role.