Our client is the fastest growing independent data marketing partnership in the UK. They create data driven marketing strategies offering data, digital and media, services to a wide variety of clients with a strong mix of Charity, Finance and Direct to Consumer.
Fundamentally they believe the best business decisions are made when they are informed by data.
Data is their heritage and has been at the heart of their business since inception over fifteen years ago. They are independently owned, which means there are no limits to what you can achieve.
We are hiring for an outstanding Senior Data Engineer to join their fast paced, growing Data team. Reporting into the Lead Data Architect, this role will be a critical hire for the team and will be given the exciting opportunity to help take the Data Engineering team forward in delivering market leading, analytic focussed, strategic initiatives via innovation and data engineering.
• Build new ETL processes
• Manage and maintain existing ETL processes
• Manage existing DS production pipeline
• Take a business problem and suggest a technical solution to address it
• Work with the DS and DA teams to ensure end to end delivery
• Manage platform authentications
• Ownership and management of code base
• Monitoring and ensuring good programming practices
• Work with account teams to automate processes
• Heading up migration and refactoring project
Required technical skills:
• Proven Python engineering experience with Pandas and Numpy
• Experience with a flavour of SQL and working with relational databases
• Understanding of system development lifecycle concepts
Desirable technical skills:
• Experience with Airflow workflow orchestration
• Experience working with non-relational data structures
• Understanding of DS and ML models and experience with production lifecycle
• Understanding of which tool to use and when to use it
• Experience with R
• Experience with cloud systems
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity and to make this role ‘your own’ please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion in the first instance or make an application and we will be in touch.