Senior Data Engineer - GCP & Golang - £80 to £110k Negotiable DoE - London/Home Flex - J11558
Amazing opportunity to join a leading options market maker with a global trading footprint. They have been at the evolutionary forefront of options market making for 20 years, from the open outcry of traditional trading pits to the screen trading and automated algorithmic execution strategies that form the future of the industry.
From offices in London, Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong, they offer best in class liquidity solutions across Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX derivatives markets and pride themselves on their entrepreneurial, collaborative and philanthropic culture.
As a Data Engineer you will form part of the Data and Platform Engineering team. This role will work predominantly on complex internal platform and data projects, engaging from Proof of Concept stages through to implementation of complex solutions on their environments. You will work collaboratively with the internal team and SMEs to optimize platform performance, develop reference architectures, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
• Experience designing and deploying low latency streaming data pipelines in Golang
• Experience in data engineering, Dev/Ops and architecting large scale storage, data centre and /or globally distributed solutions
• Ability to understand and translate internal customer requirements into technical requirements
• Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source, the Linux kernel and kernel module
• Skills include Data Engineering, Kafka, Kubernetes/Docker and Network Config
• Languages include Golang (core) and Python
• Frameworks include Spark (Scala/Python)
• Tools include Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion or make an application and we will be in touch.
This client is able to offer sponsorship for those already based in the UK.