Principal Data Engineering Manager - Flexible office base in either London, Birmingham, Manchester or Bristol with hybrid working from home - Competitive Salary with great benefits - J11964
A world leading Telecommunications Company is looking for a new Principal Data Engineering Manager to join a highly skilled data engineer's team. This is a hybrid role and you can either be based in one of these locations London, Birmingham, Manchester or Bristol. You will create and maintain our logical data models, integrating data from multiple data sources into a central cloud repository. You will apply data cleansing and data standardisation rules, providing clear documentation of the business rules embedded in the system, with the potential of solving data quality issues through your team. You will work closely with the wider team to understand what the data journey needs to look like and work closely with the Data Architect team, Data scientists and AI team to develop our products and services. You will write and maintain data engineering user documentation to provide transparency and maintain the knowledge base within the team.
Skills and Experience
• Implements the strategy for Data Engineering, and data quality aligned to the overall Base Management and Data strategy
• Applies specialist data expertise to develop and advise approach on a range of complex, high impact and data solutions a service
• Coordinates the data solutions and data engineering plan within the team
• Drives data availability and quality standards, tools, and frameworks in any CFU and across our systems
• Resolves critical technical problems at the team or department level
• Ensures a high quality and comprehensive data flow and manage a team that provides a consumption layer where the business has access to all the data it needs
• Extensive skills in SQL, both at production grade and at analytical level
• Can deliver complex big data solutions with structured and unstructured data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for all levels of an organisation
• Some knowledge of Cloud Computing patterns, workflows and services
• Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, group theory)
• Background in machine learning & software engineering frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk