Excellent opportunity to join a marketing effectiveness consultancy designed for today’s complex business landscape - an ever-changing, convergent and global world where marketing is an increasingly powerful force for growth. Their mission is to help their clients (and they have some amazing clients!) grow their businesses through better marketing - deploying data and a variety of analytical techniques from econometrics, attribution and AI marketing activation.
They are a global brand with their head office in London however, you can predominantly work remotely to suite you and are just required to attend the offices or client meeting on occasion.
At its core the purpose of this role is to:
• Lead measurement projects, develop key accounts, ensure quality control output, perform statistical modelling and integrate research insight from a wide variety of sources to build compelling insight stories.
• This role provides the opportunity to specialise in a particular industry vertical, working closely with a team of sector experts to ensure clients are delivered market leading analytics tailored to their specific industry needs.
• The Principal Consultant (PC) is expected to develop deep expertise in the sector and be a go-to person for clients. The PC will develop thorough understanding of marketing and competitive strategy in the industry.
• At the PC level, a consultant will also support new business efforts to generate revenue. This includes identifying new business opportunities (cold, warm or existing client), writing proposals and involvement in pitches.
• Be an ambassador for the business, connecting across external/internal networks to deliver value by building a good reputation in the industry.
• Able to interpret a client’s requirements and deploy commercially relevant analytical insight solutions
• Project management and people management experience
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal - the ability to present and explain complex information clearly to people at all levels
• An appreciation of business principles and a proven track record in the successful use of econometrics in a commercial environment
• Experience in handling and analysing quantitative data
• Ability to vision what can be achieved with measurement frameworks and the business impact data-driven recommendations can have for clients
• A team member, willing to contribute and integrate with the existing people and skills sets
• Task orientated, willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines if the situation requires
• Strong time management skills and ability prioritise workloads accordingly
• Competent in using Microsoft Office packages particularly Excel. SQL programming knowledge would be an advantage (I.e. R, Python)
• The successful applicant is likely to be a graduate in a quantitative discipline, (e.g. economics or statistics) or a degree with a significant quantitative element, with extensive relevant work experience in some combination of attribution modelling, econometric modelling, research, advertising and media roles
They value their people above all and provide lots of opportunity to develop through their industry-leading learning and development programs, and individual career development plans.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or send her your CV/application in the first instance and she will reach out to discuss it further.
The successful candidate will join a team of analytic and marketing effectiveness consultants whose core objective is to support FMCG manufacturer and retailers with their growth plans. They are now growing a team of data scientists to support on custom projects, internal automations and industry thought leadership. A senior data scientist will be expected to take client briefs, design solutions, create models/analysis and share results and conclusions.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career utilising the best data assets in the market to design new ways of working and cutting-edge new modelling and analytical techniques.
To be successful, this individual needs to be able to demonstrate initiative and commercial awareness as well as strong fundamental coding skills in Python/R, SQL and/or other analytical tools. As well as strong knowledge of non-linear time series regression and optimisation methods. Experience in FMCG would be hugely advantageous.
Main role responsibilities:
• Lead Advanced Analytics projects that deliver business solutions through data science with a focus on go-to-market and execution
• Identify opportunities to leverage huge and varied datasets to find a strategic advantage for our clients
• Consult with senior stakeholders to define business problems, and advise on how to apply data to solve those problems
• Design and use algorithms and build models needed to automate the generation of insights, identifying meaningful relationships across the massive sea of structured and unstructured data
• Elevate the role of Advanced Analytics across the business while developing their internal capability
• Educate leadership on the opportunities associated with applying advanced analytics, data science and AI to the business
• Build machine learning and AI algorithms to deploy on a variety of tasks
• Attending client meetings and supporting the commercial team during the delivery of the results
Skills and Experience Required:
• Insatiable desire to derive actionable recommendations from data
• Solid and demonstrable experience in data manipulation and modelling in Python/R and SQL
• Interest in or understanding of marketing strategy, and/or FMCG business/market trends
• Self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and take ownership of a new process
• Experience in applying statistical models to both back data and creating forward predictive models
• Proven track record in building and deploying machine learning and AI algorithms
• Ability to look outside of current skillset to learn new languages, tools, techniques and look for industry best practices or models (i.e. linear and non-linear regression)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
• Articulate, able to proactively identify and communicate issues, taking ownership for resolution and/or escalating as appropriate
• The ability to explain complex code, steps
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in contact.
Please note we can only accept applications for those with existing UK working rights for this client.