This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Maths/IT graduate interested in MI and programming or an MI Analyst with early experience to join a dynamic Business Information team based in Surrey. You could be joining a team responsible for complex SAS data warehouse and MI Reporting, currently involved in a project to migrate data and MI to the Azure Cloud This Financial Services giant is a global leader, with a reward package which is a world beater - what a great career break for a hardworking and ambitious analyst!
Role & Responsibilities
• Assist with delivery of routine and ad-hoc MI in SAS.
• Ensure accuracy and drive improvement and enhancements
• Assist with the development and roll-out of new dynamic MI in Microsoft PowerBI
• Undertake MI project work and development of new reports.
• Build relationships across the business; promote the usefulness and availability of data.
• Manage the risks associated with data usage and ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation.
• Assist in the project to migrate MI to Azure, using tools like Databricks, Python and PowerBI.
Experience & Skills Required
• Good quality numerical or computing degree and strong mathematical / logical capability (generally A-Level maths minimum and a 2:1 degree
• Possess strong data manipulation skills
• Have an understanding of SAS, SQL, Python, R or Visual Basic.
• Knowledge of PowerBI (or an equivalent tool like Qlik or Tableau) advantageous.
• An understanding of standard MS Office packages particularly Excel
• A strong aptitude for learning and the ability to problem solve.
• Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
• Effective communication skills with the ability to make technical concepts both accessible and interesting.
• Have the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
If you fit the above job description, please make an application and we will be in touch or give Teresa Cheeseman a call on 01256 314660. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.