Managing Partner - Marketing & Data Science - London - Up To £120,000 - J11866
This is a senior position co-leading the marketing and data science team of data scientists and econometricians. We are looking for a leader to help to design and deliver a market leading approach to using advanced analytics and machine learning. The ideal candidate will have a master degree or postgraduate degree with substantial machine learning and statistics content. You should have a curious and inquisitive nature and have a passion for numbers and finding insight in data. You should have a solid understanding of the media planning and activation process and the challenges that planners and buyers are facing as the media landscape changes, especially across the digital activation landscape.
• You will be responsible for the overall growth and development
• You will oversee the idea generation and methodology development of data science projects
• You will be responsible for delivering the revenue target for your team and managing the overall P&L -ensuring that the team runs profitably
• You will take a leadership role on new business pitches
• You will contribute to the technical development agenda for the whole of the agency to engrain data-driven approach to decision making
• You will be accountable for supporting the Technical Development Plans for members of the Marketing Intelligence team
• You will represent the work of the team to the senior leadership team and you will be responsible for delivering against their development initiatives
• You will coach other leaders in the agency and the wider network in how to spot and deliver opportunities, to promote the breadth of Marketing Intelligence services
• You will be applying data science approaches to help solve business problems and improve product offering.
Skills and Experiences
• It is expect that you are educated to master degree level or equivalent in Statistics, Computer Science or related subject
• You need to have an excellent understanding of media agency business
• You will need significant experience in marketing, especially in digital
• It is essential that you have advanced knowledge of Excel, cloud databases (GCP, Azure &/or AWS) and visualization tools (Tableau, Data studio, etc.),as well as advanced knowledge of machine learning programming tools, such as Python or R
• You will also need experience in Experience in web analytics and MarTechstacks
• You need to have experience managing relationships with clients and running profitable development work streams
• You need to be natural problem solver, able to think on your feet to recommend a better or new way to solve a client problem.
• You can organise the workload of the team to ensure that their output is delivered as efficiently as possible and to the highest standard.
• You will inspire people to think differently about their work, and improve the quality of their output.
• You have substantial experience leading and coaching a team of Data/Marketing Scientists
• You must be able to explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues in a way that is easy to understand.
• You need to be a truly engaging and inspiring presenter, able to deliver excellent verbal and written presentations to any audience.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today or give Teresa a call on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion in the first instance if you prefer.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk