Lead Data Engineer - Cardiff/Hybrid - Up To £70K - J12184
Leading insurance company with a newly created technology hub, moving from legacy to cutting edge technology require several DevOps and Data Engineering individuals. The Lead DE will lead the technical aspects of data engineering projects while working closely with solution architects to ensure the integrity and consistency of solutions working on a hybrid basis.
• Ensure solutions developed are fit for purpose, meet requirements and deliver value within cost constraints.
• Ensure all developments follow the agreed change process and are fully approved by security architecture.
• Work within an agile methodology framework and oversee solution development
• Apply knowledge of technology options and survey external market landscape for solution insights, direction, and vendors, as required.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
• Degree in a maths/computer subject or demonstrable evidence of relevant business/work experience at this level.
• Technology experience including DB2 and Snowflake, WhereScape Red Database Automation, and Cloud Platforms
• Basic data architecture principles, solutioning and ETL experience and understanding and defining/documenting complex data solutions
• Dimensional/schematic modelling and design
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk