Our client is the fastest growing independent data marketing partnership in the UK. They create data driven marketing strategies offering data, digital and media, services to a wide variety of clients with a strong mix of Charity, Finance and Direct to Consumer.
Fundamentally they believe the best business decisions are made when they are informed by data.
Data is their heritage and has been at the heart of their business since inception over fifteen years ago. They are independently owned, which means there are no limits to what you can achieve.
This role leads the developing data engineering team whose objective is to empower and enable the analytics and data science teams to do their best work by standardizing processes & tools, automating tasks, providing single-source-of-truth & delivering scalable solutions.
It holds responsibility, and influence, to develop their proprietary data intelligence and analytics platform and taking it into the Cloud, driving innovation and scalable solutions. Defining and prioritising future tech development roadmap based on a clear business case.
Ideal skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in a data engineering or technically oriented analytics role
- Extensive experience querying and manipulating data using Python, R and SQL to answer business questions
- Experience building data pipelines to collect and transform data using Cloud technologies
- Stay up to date with GCP, Azure, and other supporting technologies, best practice and ensure its applied in the work that is delivered
- Experience with digital marketing platforms, and the data they generate and knowledge of their APIs
- Strong understanding of how data is tracked and exchanged in the process of digital advertising
- Strong analytic skills, enabling you to solve technically complex challenges, and to tell compelling stories with data
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- An ability to demonstrate a passion for the digital marketing ecosystem, and an understanding of the role that data plays within it
- Delivers best results when working in a collaborative team environment, and an ability to partner effectively with people of varying degrees of technical capability
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity and to make this role ‘your own’ please call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion in the first instance or make an application and we will be in touch.