Junior Revenue Data Scientist - £30,000 - £50,000 Remote Working - J11941
This role is being offered to a trainee or experienced candidate as a remote working opportunity with once a month site visits required in the North East.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a green-field role at an award winning company seeking to innovate and grow using data analytics. As a Junior Revenue Data Scientist, you will have the unique opportunity to design, trial and improve the analytical logic in demand forecasting and price optimisation tools. You will also be working within a highly collaborative team in order to shape the long-term strategy of the business, and contribute significantly to revolutionising the way data is used within the business.
Role and Responsibilities
• Collating client and public data whilst understanding key relationships in the data
• Building models, working quickly and accurately using existing tools
• Research on new algorithms/models
• Presenting results both internally and to clients in easy to understand language
• Running your own projects and handling day to day contacts
• Self-starter who is a team player and problem solver
• Excellent people skills and great communicator across the board
• Demonstrate a passion for technology
• Efficient in building solutions whilst maintaining a professional attitude
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Educated with a degree in operational research, data science or applied mathematics.
• Ability to analyse processes and identify areas in need of improvement.
• Ability to identify key factors in problems and opportunities and provide solutions to them.
• Revenue management experience not essential but advantageous.
• Complex data analysis and analytical techniques involving the use of SQL, SAS, R or other similar analytical software.
• Business modelling experience either commercially or academically
• Experience and qualifications in operational research, data science, applied statistics, heuristics or stochastics. And a keen interest to work with Operational Research
• Experience with data visualisation and reporting.
• Strong communication and project management skills.
If you fit the above job description, please make an application today and we will be in touch.
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk