Junior Analyst, Data & Analytics - Central London/Hybrid WFH (2/3 or 3/2) - £Negotiable DoE - J11837
Quality career opportunity for a quality individual with a quality client!
Working as part of the Data & Analytics team, you will work to develop and embed first-class insight-lead decision making across the organisation through the development of formal reporting, strategic analytics and a programme of data citizenship delivered to all regions and functions. This will involve close collaboration with stakeholders across the organisation on a range of projects from tactical to strategic, leveraging and developing a broad spectrum of skills - from the technical, through quantitative to communication and change management. As part of the team, you will develop their spectrum of analytics skills rapidly and will help to champion and train colleagues in how to get the most from data, how to convert it to insight and how to drive better automation and efficiencies through its delivery into the hands of key decision makers.
• Serves as a key resource for interpreting data and information; communicates results to team members
• Operates as a key contact between departments and IT to facilitate the delivery of business intelligence solutions
• Works closely with IT project managers and operations to coordinate cross-functional project activities and ensures deliverables are accurate and meet customer requirements
• Utilizes business intelligence tools across all departments and functional areas providing detailed reporting and analysis
• Assesses analytics and reporting needs; in time providing recommendations for enhanced solutions and specifications for business intelligence tools.
• Supports the delivery of BI solutions to internal and external customers
• Supports prioritization of reporting needs across process areas to support deployment strategies and business needs
• Supports development of protocols to extract data in a standardized process from a variety of data sources
• Supports development and definition of data management standards and processes to effectively manage data through the reporting life cycle
• Supports data mining of customer and sales force information for all relevant market segments
• Supports development of prototypes and models for database, data integrations and data transformation needs
• Evidence of strong analytic mind set and intellectual curiosity is essential
• Experience with reporting and developing analytic solutions an advantage
• Ideally a high caliber graduate with a 2.1 or above in a numerate discipline
• Ability to effectively participate in cross-functional problem-solving teams
• Planning, analytical and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems and identify and apply appropriate solutions essential
• Experience with relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or Access) and data management desirable
• Experience with object-oriented programming (e.g. VBA, Python) desirable
• Some experience with statistical or maths packages (e.g. R, Stata, SPSS) desirable
• Experience with Alteryx Designer desirable
• Experience with Power BI or similar visualization software desirable
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Excel (expert) required.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk