High Calibre Economics Graduate - Econometrics * Hybrid London Office/Home Working * £25-30,000 Neg DoE * J11615
We are working with a growing outfit of business economists carrying out marketing effectiveness studies for brands - big and small - across many sectors.
They are undergoing an exciting period of growth, expanding their e-commerce client base, and evolving their analytical tool kit. Econometric modelling - or marketing mix modelling - is at the core of what they do but they use a range of techniques depending on each project. Their ultimate goal is always to produce analysis that is thorough, clear and compelling. In their view, the way you tell the story is as important as the story itself. Success is when clients understand their research and feel able and confident to use it.
They're now looking for a talented recent graduate to join the team. Someone who is as curious about what makes people tick as they are, and with the technical ability to learn the tools of the trade.
The right candidate will be excited by the idea of joining their small but super dynamic team!
What they offer:
• A rounded, high quality training in analysis, advertising, and media which will set you up with fantastic career prospects
• The opportunity to work on projects covering a really interesting variety of brands
• Working closely with clients and advertising agencies, with opportunities to participate in meetings and presentations
• Working in a creative sector while applying the best analytical techniques
• Option of flexible hours and to combine office/at home working
Responsibilities will include:
• To assist in compiling data requests; the comprehensive list of data inputs required when kicking off a new project.
• Data gathering and processing; collate the various datasets received and process ready for analysis using tools such as excel and R.
• Data exploration; analyse data - using excel, R or other data visualisation tools - to identify trends, relationships and other useful insights to take into modelling
• Assist in producing PowerPoint presentations for client meetings and debriefs.
• Attend client meetings and take notes, write up minutes and follow up as required.
• Over time, begin to take responsibility for analyses, recommendations, and client relationships
You will need the following attributes:
• Either graduated to master degree level in economics or combined subjects or Bachelor graduate with one to two years' experience in data analytics will also be considered.
• Degree Econometrics Module study essential
• A people person with communication and story-telling skills to back it up - likely to have taken a literary or creative subject at A-level in addition to numerate subjects. Storytelling and conveying the complex in a simple, understandable way is critical to producing a robust piece of analysis that is shared and used
• Strong numeracy skills with a natural attention to detail - critical throughout the whole project lifecycle, from ensuring data inputs are accurate and complete, to scrutinising the output of their analyses.
• A demonstrable curiosity for what makes people tick, or what may make people change their behaviour - do you ask questions about your surroundings in your day-to-day life? Or wonder why people behave the way they do? This natural curiosity is key to really unpicking project briefs, and they don't skimp on brainstorming time. They bounce ideas off each other and challenge conventional wisdoms.
• Must have the right to work in the UK
Highly desirable but not a deal breaker
• Knowledge of R programming language or similar
• Proficient in excel
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.