Head of Pricing Technology in Insurance - London office/flexible remote working within UK - £strong package - J11633
Excellent new Leadership opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with global challenges at the world's leading P&C Insurer.
The Pricing Technology team is a newly formed unit within the Global Pricing department and is responsible for maintaining and further developing the pricing tool system landscape. You will join an international department located across London, Europe and the US.
They are in the process of implementing a major expansion of its technical pricing capabilities. As part of this, the decision was made to centralise the ownership of the pricing tool implementations into the recently formed Pricing Technology team. In addition, a large-scale project has been initiated aimed at modernizing the pricing tool IT landscape, including transition all models onto Radar Workbench.
Job Purpose / Role:
In this role, you will report to the Deputy Chief Pricing Actuary and work closely with him to lead the efforts of the Pricing Technology team. This will involve collaborating with the line of business pricing teams, the underwriter units and IT to support the deployment of the technical pricing models into production.
The Pricing Technology team owns the coordination of the specifications, prioritization, development and testing of the models. In addition, the Pricing Technology team is responsible for the development of the pricing algorithms and user interface within Radar Workbench. This includes working closely with IT in terms of integration and production release.
Key Requirements/ Skills
• Experience in the delivery of new pricing tools onto IT landscapes
• Strong understanding of mathematical techniques
• Hands on experience in the Radar suite (Base, Dashboard & Live) preferred
• Experience working in P&C pricing, corporate/specialty pricing an advantage
• Experience in leading teams responsible for the build and deployment of ongoing pricing requirements
• High attention to detail with a focus on building systematic controls to ensure quality of delivery. Track record of test automation an advantage
• Results orientated with a track-record of delivering on-time projects
• Experience of successfully working in close partnership with IT
• Strong computer programming skills: Excel and VBA experience required with SQL preferred. Other programming languages such as Python an advantage
• Partnering mentality with the ability to build strong working relationships with peers, management and the business areas
To find out more about this new opportunity please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion or make an application and we will be in touch.