Head of Modelling Decision Science (Credit Risk) - J12229 - Hybrid various locations including London
Decision Science is a centre of expertise for analytics, modelling and customer insights to help to deliver this tier 1 banks vision of helping Britain prosper by harnessing the power of analytics and technology. Helping the bank achieve its business objectives and keeping them safe through the development of models to support a wide range of activities: from credit assessments to affordability modelling, from prudential models to protecting against fraud; the models are used across the retail and commercial banking businesses.
You'll be phenomenal at this!
• Proactively leading and fostering the creation of a world-class Decision Science team producing prudential models in SAS and Python.
• Develop excellent business partner relationships, understanding and influencing business strategy and act as a strategic partner.
• Provide technical leadership to your team, encouraging and supporting the use of innovative statistical and analytical approaches and techniques.
• Provides high quality interpretation and translation of EBA regulation and bank policy into risk management processes, systems and methodologies.
• Own model maintenance whilst championing and developing an environment of continuous processes improvements; ensure all models are in governance.
Do you have these skills?
• Degree level qualification with quantitative content or equivalent skills derived from modelling experience.
• A detailed and up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry, current and future regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors that may impact the Bank.
• Consistent track record in achieving consensus and support from senior executives, the business and internal and external review / approval bodies.
• Ability to devise and implement long and short term strategy which has business and customer benefits.
Track record of leading, mentoring and developing a large team of over 20 quantitative modellers.