Head of Marketing Science - London/hybrid - Up To 120K
The Head of Marketing Science will lead and grow a high performing and market leading data, analytics and AI team that is responsible for delivering data, insights, and analytics capabilities unique to the UK market, as well as adopting advanced capabilities from across the company's network.
• Build and deliver a cohesive strategy that enables an advanced and effective use of Data, AI and Analytics
• Proactively partner with the wider team to define priorities and development of approaches.
• Conduct market and competitor research on the data and AI landscape.
• Partner with teams globally and regionally to shape the strategy and to identify the most effective way of deploying the strategy across Global, Regional and UK team.
• Drive transformational change as the leader of collaborative, insight-led innovation to deliver data driven decision making
• Produce advanced analytics and reports for clients that address direct and indirect business objectives, problems and decisions, yielding actionable insights that help drive improved campaign performance and or demonstrate measurable value.
• Guide your team of data scientists and data analysts to provide analytical support and guidance on the creation of custom algorithms for custom outcomes to enable Activation and Client Services teams to derive benchmarks and estimates for outcome products.
• Create custom insights and research for top tier clients, verticals and industries to assist in agency pitches, advanced PCA support, QBR, and annual reviews.
• Evangelise our AI first approach to the business and our clients, cultivating new business opportunities.
• Incubate and leverage relationships with academic institutions and other external research partners to remain at the forefront of the latest advancements and a contributor to shaping the impact of Data and AI in our industry.
• Incorporate research findings to aid go-to-market activities.
• Elevate the narrative of what the Marketing Science team is and ensure all teams understand the value of the capabilities that the team delivers.
• Build and grow a team of data smart' and analytically minded experts that are passionate about data and its broad application across the business.
• Work closely with Team Leads across the business to ensure engagement, awareness and education of data, analytics and AI is effectively delivered to upskill the wider team.
Skills and Experiences
• Understanding of cloud computing services such as AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure.
• Understanding of digital/media/marketing data sources and metrics preferred: Digital (e.g. Web, Social, Display, Search. Programmatic, etc.); Media (e.g. buying models, Impressions, GRP); Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (ROI, Churn, etc.); Statistics
• Experience with data science programming languages or tools such as SQL, Big Query, Python, R, etc.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and stakeholders and prioritize work for your team and others based on internal and external requirements
• Ability & willing to speak comfortably and confidently with clients and customers
• Advanced skills in Excel, SQL, and business intelligence software (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
• Deep technical expertise and understanding of data management and visualization techniques, statistical analysis and predictive modeling, and machine learning.
• Build and evolve team capabilities to remain at the forefront of data, AI and advanced analytics and their smart application to deliver client value and outcomes.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong business acumen and can translate business and client requirements into innovative solutions.
• Excellent communicator and able to tell data stories and explain complex ideas in a simplified fashion.
• Experience leading teams in marketing analytics, consumer insights, programmatic media, ad serving platforms, media agencies, trading desks or relevant start-up
• A strategic, data-driven, and performance-focused team leader
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk