Head of Analytics/Hands on Manager - Hybrid Home & London Bridge Office base - To c£80,000 - J11520
Unique opportunity to join an embryonic Agency delivering data insight and marketing strategy through customer understanding. They provide strategic solutions and recommendations helping retailers grow faster and more profitably. The agency was founded in 2018 by leading industry experts, people who have worked their way up through the marketing industry school of hard knocks.
Currently 13 strong they are friendly, ambitious and growing - and know from experience about the challenges their clients face every day. Clients are all retained and cover a broad range of sectors from fashion and cosmetics to gardening and confectionary.
The Analytics team owns the management, development and delivery of their recurring and bespoke analytics working closely alongside the Technical ETL and Development team, and Client Teams who are responsible for all day-to-day client deliverables. Working with the Strategy Directors, Analytics ensures the clients' analytical challenges and goals are clearly understood, briefed and executed accurately and on time.
As the Head of Analytics, you will build, and own the performance and well-being of the Analytics team. You will work with the Strategy Directors to ensure each client's analytics requirements are aligned with their business objectives. As the business grows and the department evolves the balance of management and client work will evolve accordingly.
You will have a passion for data and analytics and delivering solutions that make a difference. You will lead by example. As is typical in a start-up environment, a can-do', robust, mentality is a prerequisite, prioritising quality and delivery together with a willingness to muck-in'. A sleeves rolled up, hands-on approach is required.
Build and lead the Analytics team in the analysis of customer, channel and campaign data for multiple clients, owning the management, development and delivery of their automated, recurring and bespoke analytics, deriving meaningful analytics for actionable insight and strategies - supporting the Insight and Strategy Directors in analytics and insight generation.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree in Statistics or Applied Mathematics or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' data analysis experience in a direct, business to consumer environment.
• Highly organised, detailed, self-motivated, autonomous multi-tasker who can manage the team to the same standards and prioritise their working to tight deadlines.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills, team builder, confident at building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels and able to present to teams, including board members.
• Intermediate/advanced Office, SQL and IBM Modeller or similar. VBA an advantage.
• Passionate about data and analysis.
• Skilled at building relationships at all levels.
• Enquiring and interpretive analytical skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and total commitment to accuracy.
• Multi-tasker - coordinating multiple projects and priorities.
• Commercial mind-set and ability to present at any level.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Positive, determined and committed outlook.
• Self-aware, robust and challenging.
• Treble checker and forward chaser.
This role combines home, office and external working as the role and needs of the business require. The mix will evolve as internal and external working environments evolve. This level of remote working requires high levels of self-organisation and the ability to work on complex and changing priorities with limited direction. You should expect to spend an average of 2 days a week in the London office.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Teresa on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion or make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with established working right in the UK for this role.