Trading Assistant - Central London- C£26,000 - J12189
A long standing client of ours is currently looking to grow their sports trading function and have an exciting new opening for a trading assistant. This is a great opportunity for a high grade numerical individual to join a dynamic organisation and gain valuable training and skills.
As part of their operations team, you will be responsible for operating and analysing their trading activities around the world by monitoring the trading platform.
Candidates applying for this role will agree to work on a shift pattern basis with early mornings and late evening including 50% weekend work.
If you are diligent, switched on and with an enthusiastic attitude, we would love to hear from you.
• Monitoring and operating trading platforms which run 24/7
• Spotting inconsistencies, errors and unusual behaviour
• Helping troubleshoot issues that arise in the trade cycle
• Developing insights into customer, counterparty and market behaviour
• Analysing trading strategy P/L, looking for issues and potential improvements
• Collaborating with developers and traders to improve functionality of the platform
• Education to BSc level, ideally in a mathematical or scientific subject
• Good proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Knowledge in SQL is welcome, but can also be acquired on the job
• A high degree of numeracy, including probabilities
• Ability to come to grips with new applications quickly
• Attention to detail. In a field where missing a single character can make all the difference, we would expect you to work meticulously.
• Comfortable making informed trading decisions
• Good organisational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and a mature, responsible attitude
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk