Data Scientist - Pricing Optimisation - South West London/Hybrid Working - Negotiable to £80,000 DoE + Bonus - J11721
Our client is a fast-paced, private equity owned business providing home insurance directly to online consumers and are the number one brand in complex home insurance in the UK. Their vision is to deliver the world's most intelligent property insurance. They are making great strides in achieving this by developing a rating engine and machine learning platform that rapidly adapts to new data sources, enabling risk and retail price optimization. They have the richest collection of home insurance claim and quote data in the market and combined with their machine learning algorithms, their performance improves daily, enabling them to put even more blue sky between them and the competition.
As the saying goes, they are small but perfectly formed, in that they are a diverse group of industry professionals, technologists, data scientists and customer champions. They each bring our individual expertise, an appetite for innovation and a shared ambition to do something extraordinary. And, although each week brings new challenges, every week they work as a team to meet them. Their newly re-fitted office in South West London aids this, with plenty of break out space to enable teams from across the business to work together and genuinely make a difference to the overall business.
Their values should give you a sense of our culture, these are not just words on walls, they are a genuine reflection of how they strive to operate:
Adventurous * Agile * Empowered
As their Price Optimisation Data Scientist, you will set the roadmap for their dynamic retail pricing system, and optimise complex pricing strategies. They offer home insurance policies on all major price comparison websites, which provide a highly dynamic and price-driven market place. Your role will be to build an in-depth understanding of this competitive landscape, to design dynamic, data-driven price optimisation solutions using the latest open-source techniques, and to build and deploy applications that deliver maximum value to the business.
You will work closely with other data scientists, data engineers, software developers, and internal stakeholders. They use their proprietary platform to deploy ML solutions to tackle a wide range of business challenges, and always aim to use the best open-source tools available for the task at hand. You will work in a fast-paced and rewarding environment in which new developments are implemented quickly and the impact of your work is clearly visible.
You have a strong intellectual capacity, with the ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex problems. You can challenge ideas from others yet can work together to deliver world-class solutions. You are analytical, an excellent problem-solver, and work in an organized and structured way.
Requirements for this role are:
• High quality numerate Master's degree (Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering etc.). Degrees from other disciplines will be considered for those with demonstrable experience in Data Science.
• Minimum of 4 years professional experience working in Data Science, and strong skills in either R or Python and their data analysis and machine learning libraries, as well as hands-on experience with writing SQL queries.
• This role requires that you have a background in developing data-driven price and revenue optimisation applications in large-scale commercial environments, e.g. in the Retail, Airline/Aviation or Hospitality industry. A background in insurance is not required.
• Profound understanding of statistics and machine learning methods, as well as of using the right approaches for different types of problems.
• A proven track record of completing complex projects that delivered business value.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
To find out more about this great new opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch or call Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 for a confidential discussion in the first instance.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with current working rights for this opportunity.