Data Planner * London * £Negotiable * J11597
Our client is often claimed to be the most progressive media agency in the UK and are driven by an ambition to be so. They offer an enviable client base and believe that, in their opinion, it is their people who make the difference, create the ideas and deliver the media communications solutions that make a difference for their clients.
The data planner role is a critical role to enable them to deliver data driven marketing and therefore their best work for their clients.
Data planners are fully integrated into the heart of their teams, sitting, and working alongside their agency client partner teams, your key responsibility will be to derive insights from a mix of traditional and emerging data sources. You will be the go to resource for the client and the team as your knowledge of the data sources will be essential in improving clients' campaign effectiveness through channel optimisation, audience insights, targeting and measurement.
You will achieve this through regular reporting & insight generation, responding to client and agency team questions and longer-term deep dives.
You will utilise a range of data sources from digital reports, client data, media spend data to macro-economic data to add science and rigour to recommendations. You will identify trends and undertake light statistical analysis and share findings with planners and activation teams.
Communication is also key for this role; you will be able to take complex topics and insights and be able to simplify them and will feel comfortable talking through them to different roles and levels both internally and to clients.
Data planners will have analytical support, through the data planning community a team of 3 other data planners giving opportunities to learn and share with like-minded colleagues.
• Experience in an analytical role and now looking for more client facing role rather than pure analytics
• A solid knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of industry body effectiveness studies from IPA, IAB and beyond
• Key analytical capabilities and confidence in the manipulation of large data sets
• Excellent Excel skills
• Basic coding not essential but a plus
• Knowledge of dashboard software such as Tableau, Datorama a plus
• Naturally curious, you want to find out the whys to everything and dig deeper
• Logical, in your approach to connecting data and how you approach uncovering insights
• Be able to tell stories with data, communicating insights in a way that inspires and informs
• Logical and persuasive communication skills, both in terms of verbal / face to face interactions and in terms of creating and delivering presentations
• Love problem solving and be able to absorb a range of sometimes conflicting data to narrow down potential solutions to provide options and recommendations.
• Ability to be proactive, comfortable working by yourself to create hypotheses and running analysis to prove or disprove them.
• The ability to design and nurture innovative ideas through collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch. Please note we can only accept applications from those with current UK working rights for this role.