Data Manager - Cloud/Data Engineering * Wales Office/Remote Working Flex * To £57,000 Negotiable DoE * J11574
As the Data Manager - Data Engineering for our Environmental Not for Profit client, the successful candidate will lead cloud based projects for the business, having the opportunity to use cutting edge cloud-based tools.
Currently they are building their 'single truth' Cloud Platform utilising Azure and Omprompt's purpose built cloud platform providing EDI and non-EDI automation, visibility and control solutions. The importance of being able to use data and analytics to help achieve their organisational objectives cannot be understated, and you will pay a key role in this. The ability to have single truth' data and analytics within their business depends upon their capability to manage and analyse data, and effectively communicate how analytical outputs can be used to make better data-led decisions. As a Data Manager/Leader Data Engineer you will play a key role in leading their new Data Platform in the Cloud and lead a small team of Developers.
Your responsibilities will include
• Being recognised as the leading specialist in data engineering, platform and warehousing discipline within the organisation
• Being confidently able to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Leading a high performing specialist team, drawing upon previous managerial experience to develop and foster colleagues' own skills and capabilities, enabling your entire team to contribute fully to organisational objectives.
• Working closely alongside the Head of Data and the other Data and Analytics Managers within the Data Team.
• A programme of work applicable to your specialist area and made up of specific projects and initiatives.
• Being able to quickly diagnose problems and challenges that impact team performance and/or project delivery
• Maintaining innovation as a key driver - recognising the field of data and analytics is developing rapidly, requiring awareness of emerging technologies, methods and approaches belonging to your specialist area that could be utilised to achieve positive benefits
• Flexibly adapting to changing requirements, as directed by the business, and being able to develop creative solutions quickly, based upon your analytical and critical thinking skills, applied to the current situation
• Relevant Bachelor's degree or MSc relating to your specialist field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)
• At least 5 years demonstrable working experience within the Data Engineering field with either Azure or AWS
• Solid technical knowledge of data engineering concepts, particularly designing and creating databases (using dimensional modelling principles etc. where appropriate) and building ETL pipelines (using SSIS, Data Factory or similar).
• Programming skills (particularly SQL) and knowledge of typical development processes that support agile development (such as code repositories and version control)
• Security, accessibility and testing practices applicable to data engineering projects
• The ability to plan and manage time effectively, allowing for successful coordination of data engineering projects across a number of developers, whilst ensuring set deadlines are met
• Awareness of data and analytics subject areas (such as data governance, data science and data migration), and how these interrelate and interact
• Be able to influence at senior levels, and possess excellent stakeholder management skills
• Strong leadership skills, with a passion for motivating and supporting those around you to deliver high quality outputs
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
To find out more about this opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.