In this engineering role you will be joining an expanding team for a major organisation in the Financial Services sector, you'll be responsible for creating and maintaining a logical data model, integrating multiple data sources in a central enterprise data warehouse. You'll be using your data engineering skills to work closely with the broader team to understand what the data journey needs to look like and build an agile test and learn culture.
If you were currently working for this innovative organisation, these are some things you would be tackling this week:
● Using SQL for OLAP/Data Warehouse style modelling
● Advising on the use of data for actionable analytics
● Working closely with the Data Architect to create an overview of the data lineage
● Writing high-quality code contributing to a platform that is easy to maintain
To apply, you'll need data science engineer or big data engineer experience. You'll have advanced development background with experience and will have a track record in creating data models for BI solutions. A sound awareness of data management best practice is a must, including data lifecycle management across core IT and Big Data eco-systems and a firm understanding of data privacy and security constraints.
In return for your skills, curiosity and commitment, you'll enjoy benefits, including:
● Annual bonus scheme (eligibility rules apply)
● Private health cover
● Generous holiday allowance
● Local and national discounts, including insurance products
This Data Engineer role will initially involve remote and flexible working, shifting to a hybrid office/home working set up as lockdown restrictions evolve.