Data Engineer (GCP or AWS) - Birmingham - To £68,000 - J11644
Great opportunity to join world leading engineering team - data driven automation and decision making has never been more important to our client and they are investing heavily in their people and their data.
As part of a team of highly skilled data engineers, you will create and maintain their logical data models, integrating data from multiple data sources into a central cloud repository. You will apply data cleansing and data standardisation rules, providing clear documentation of the business rules embedded in the system, with the potential of solving data quality issues through your team. You will work closely with the wider team to understand what the data journey needs to look like and work closely with the Data Architect team to develop our products and services. You will write and maintain data engineering user documentation to provide transparency and maintain the knowledge base within the team.
Essential skills & experience
• Deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures
• Detailed knowledge of the concepts and principles of data engineering
• Sound awareness of Data Management best practice, including data lifecycle management
• Extensive skills in SQL, both at production grade and at analytical level, gained through intensive application in a commercial business environment
• Experience of building large scale data pipelines on at least one Cloud Platform (GCP and AWS preferred)
• Can deliver complex big data solutions with structured and unstructured data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for all levels of an organisation
• Collaborate to identify how work activities across the teams are related and highlight inefficiencies. You help to remove barriers and find the resources or support needed to improve processes
• Some knowledge of Cloud Computing patterns, workflows and services; and how they relate to a big data platform.
• Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Baysesian statistics, group theory)
• Background in machine learning & software engineering frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras
To find out more about this amazing opportunity to join a world leading engineering capability please make an application and we will be in touch.