Data Engineer ETL & Python or SAS * Hybrid Working - Surrey & Home * £30-45,000 Negotiable DoE * J11667
Great developmental opportunity with Leading Financial Services client who constantly perform extremely well in the UK's best employers. Based within the Business Information Team you will support various teams across the business in providing good quality data and MI to drive data led business decisions. They currently have an on premise data warehouse in SAS and are in the process of building a new Azure cloud solution using Databricks.
As a Data Engineer, you will be ingesting data from a variety of data sources, cleaning, transforming and reconciling that data and developing functions to help users in their data analysis:
• Assist with maintenance and delivery of routine ETL processes and
ensure accuracy of the data
• Identify and drive improvements and enhancements to the warehouse to ensure it is fit for purpose
• Build relationships across the business; promote the usefulness
and availability of data and reports; keep business customers informed
• Understand and proactively manage the risks associated with data
• usage and ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation
• Assist in the project to migrate data to Azure, using tools like Databricks,
Python, Spark, Data Factory and PowerBI
• Assist in the roll out of new tools to the wider business.
• Strong working knowledge of either SAS or Python
• A passion for learning new skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Comfortable with MS Office suite (especially Excel)
• Data manipulation skills
• Be confident at understanding technical concepts and communicating back to non-technical audiences
• An organised approach to planning and prioritising own workload
• Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy
• Role expected to be suitable for someone between 1 to 3 years of experience
• Demonstrate effective communication, influencing and strong relationship building skills - both within and outside the immediate team
To find out more about this great opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept applications from those with current UK working rights for this opportunity.