Data Engineer- Basingstoke - Hybrid working - J11891
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Data Engineer to join a fintech bank. Your role would be to help deliver a completely refreshed data solution using the latest Microsoft platform (Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, and Power BI). As well as enhance and upgrade the data available to the reporting solution, including integrating new data items and sources and designing any new data models that may be required.
You will not only have the opportunity to develop your skills on the job, but also have access to appropriate training courses to accelerate your development. You should have the desire to jump on this learning curve, the energy and skills to make changes happen and a passion for building new top-quality solutions. You'll either have migrated/upgraded data on-premise SQL server solutions or already worked with Azure, perhaps with experience of their PaaS solution. You'll be driven by generating value for the business by enabling great data visualisations using Power BI, enabling better data integrations with partners and helping to make the business more efficient.
• T-SQL programming in MS SQL in addition to a breadth and depth of knowledge across other database platforms such as MySQL and query performance tuning
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Data visualisation software (e.g. PowerBI, SSRS, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, etc) - preferably building Power BI self-service reporting
• Data modelling and data design, including modern data schema design (utilising Kimball methodology)
• Delivering efficient ETL/ELT processes
• Version control software
• Creating data models using Python, R, Jupyter, Machine Learning Studio
• Azure Modern Data Warehouse Architecture including Azure Data Factory v2, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database
• Data platform transformation/data migration
• Programming languages (such as PHP, .NET, Ruby etc)
• Working with group collaboration tools (e.g. DevOps, JIRA)
• Core banking (Savings), lending and credit products
• Working in regulated finance environment
• Documentation and specification writing
• Delivery under Agile methodology
• Microsoft Excel / VBA - advanced level
• Working with SAS
• Financial Modelling experience
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today! [email protected]
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk