Data Engineer. Can be fully remote or hybrid working in Richmond or Glasgow- Salary to £55K +benefits. J11794
If you fit the below job description please make an application. Please be advised that you need to have working rights for the UK before you make an application as this client cannot sponsor a visa.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality data solutions as part of product and project engineering at this consultancy. This will include creating and maintaining data pipelines, orchestration, data wrangling and SQL to support existing and new client deliveries, and a growing focus on product engineering. Working alongside other engineers in a cross functional squad, you'll contribute to design, architecture and implementation.
Role & Responsibilities
• Contribute to the next iteration of the data pipelines, working to increase their capability and features to ensure that client data is processed quickly and reliably through the systems.
• Develop applications and tools with clean and maintainable code.
• Build and support traditional and cloud native technologies to build and run scalable, manageable and resilient applications.
• Automate to accelerate functions and eliminate redundant and manual steps to get things done.
• Develop secure / Operations ready production code.
• Proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them. Contribute and solve problems.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• BSc / MSc / MEng in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
• Experience in collaborative team environment
• Understanding of agile methodologies
• Proficient programmer of SQL, Python
• Proficient programmer of bash, PowerShell or other scripting languages
• Strong test and deployment automation experience
• Strong feature architect, proficient solution architect
• Passionate technologist and learner, analytical problem solver.
• Ownership - action oriented
• Ambition to work in an environment that broadens your skills beyond its specific definition
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.