Our client are a technology giant - with an established Data, Analytics & Insight function. Their business is driven by data, they have huge expansion plans and you could be part of this exciting, pioneering journey.
This particular role is a Data Architect. A core role ensuring that high quality, timely and accurate data is accessible to the insight and data teams. You’ll build and own data models that allow the business to quickly and easily understand what is happening in their areas of accountability and thus influence strategy. You’ll also be passionate about making sure they use data in the right way, get the most from the data and ensure quality and compliance with regulation.
• You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the enterprise data architecture that meets the data governance, regulatory & business requirements.
• You will be responsible for designing and developing complex data models that will enable the Service Delivery leadership team to make decisions and influence the growth of their products.
• You will be skilled in data engineering using SQL / Python and Business Intelligence tools to turn raw data into information that feeds analysis initiatives and trials..
• You will own the development of data models, taxonomies and ontology for data & metadata supported by the team, to ensure they are best utilising available data.
• You will highlight and act upon any opportunities you have identified in utilising existing and new data sources.
• You will be innovative in combining data sources to produce coherent data models that are fit for purpose and enable the creation of new insight.
• You will be liasing with senior stakeholders to promote and drive the consumption of outputs in ad-hoc or long term engagements.
• You will define common reference data and hierarchies relevant for BI purposes in collaboration with Data Stewards, Analysts and Business SME’s to agree and ratify these data sets.
• University degree (2.1 or higher) from a highly regarded university in a numerate course such as: computer science / programming, statistics, mathematics, economics or a related quantitative field
• Significant experience in designing and creating new data models using a range of modelling techniques.
• Significant experience in SQL, data mining and data quality exercices.
• Proven experience of applying machine learning algorithms (supervised or unsupervised methods) in business data and in assessing/translating the quality of the output.
• Experience with R, Python, SPSS or similar data modelling languages.
• Clear understanding of how the outputs can be implemented/delivered and absorbed into the business.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills, prepared to challenge conventional thinking.
• Clear understanding of the financial and customer experience impact of strategic change.
• Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• A strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, proactive and creative.
• Committed to the achievement of excellence.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Olivia Ross by sending in your CV. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech are one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk