Data Analyst - Sevenoaks - Hybrid working
One of the UK's leading consumer finance companies have an exciting new opening for a Data Analyst. If you have an analytical mind-set, you spot trends and notice details, and have a natural intellectual curiosity. If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can take ownership and work independently towards tight deadlines, prioritising your work appropriately. Have very good interpersonal and communication skills; you are good at presenting and explaining technical information in a non-technical way. We would like to hear from you.
• Analysis to support and/or identify new projects, products and business opportunities, including presentation of findings and suggestions to senior management
• Use data science/machine learning techniques for prediction, automation, behavioural analysis
• Reviews of portfolio trends and KPIs, with deep dives as needed
• Assist with maintaining a suite of SSRS reports for users across the business, including Sales, Finance, Underwriting, Collections, and Customer Relations
• Provide data and analysis ad-hoc as required by the business
• Act as an internal consultant, interpreting user requests and where appropriate, making suggestions for better/alternative ways of obtaining and presenting the required information
• Contribute to documentation of core processes and procedures
• Regularly explore and investigate new tools for data storage, querying, analysis, modelling, data exploration, presentation; making suggestions and implementing them as appropriate
• Proactively identify areas of the business where new reporting or analysis is needed
• Potential to learn and use additional tools/languages as the team and business needs evolve
Skills & Experience
• 4-5 years of work experience, some or all of which are in Analytics, Data Science, or a similar role
• Experience using R and/or Python for machine learning and statistical analysis (logistic/linear regression, CART, clustering, SVM, etc.)
• Good knowledge of T-SQL and SQL databases or willingness to learn on the job
• You know how to utilise advanced functions in Excel
• Degree or work experience in a numerate or analytical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or similar)
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk or call/email Sue on 01256 314660 [email protected]