Senior Credit Strategy Manager - A fully remote role based in the UK or EU - Fintech
This exciting fintech start up is working with amazing organisations offering lending products to help them grow. As one of the founding risk team members the Senior Credit Strategy Manager has responsibility for developing, maintaining and reporting on effective new business acquisition strategies that deliver optimal loss mitigation, business profitability and positive customer outcomes, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer.
• Build a robust understanding of credit underwriting approaches
• Drive early tactical changes to the credit risk decision making based on your insights
• Develop a roadmap of strategy improvements to enhance decision making, reduce losses and optimise profitability. One key outcome will be to determine the optimal split between manual and automated decisioning
• Develop an analytically sound risk reward framework for credit underwriting decisions
• Embed strong reporting discipline
• Put together credit monitoring packs
• Build longer term strategy for improving credit capabilities, achieve buy-in and commence execution of strategy
• Support hiring objectives and building a team
• interesting projects to get involved in at the early stages of one of the fastest growing fintech companies in Europe!
• Educated to a degree level or above in a STEM discipline
• Exceptionally strong hands-on analytical skills and an ability to think from first principles
• Strong credit risk strategy development experience, preferably in high volume Cards or Loans businesses for retail or SME customers
• Very strong technical skills having utilised Python, SAS, SQL or R on a daily basis
• Experienced in optimising score cut-offs and building policy rules based on modelled risk-reward
• Confident communicator, with demonstrable experience of having delivered insight and strategy to a variety of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Exposure to other credit disciplines such as provisioning, loss forecasting is preferred but not essential
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk or call/email Sue on 01256 314660 Sue@datatech.org.uk