Consultants - Digital Performance & Analytics - Junior to Senior level opportunities - Flexible working on Client Sites/London Office & Home - £35-60,000 Negotiable DoE - J11685
Exciting opportunities to join a well-respected and growing boutique consulting firm, with an impressive client portfolio and strong government digital presence.
They specialise in business, information and technology, helping clients transform their organisations and services. From day 1 they offer their employees a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the work they do through their diverse client portfolio which includes large government departments, not for profit, charities and technology companies.
You'll work alongside their team as an integral part of their clients' digital delivery teams to help their clients use analytics data to understand the performance of their digital services. You'll be working at the coal face of digital delivery to gather, analyse and visualise data from real services that their clients' users rely on every day. You'll be an advocate for data-driven decision making in their clients' teams. You'll tell compelling data stories to senior stakeholders to ensure that the big decisions are made well - but you'll also tell them to user researchers, designers, business analysts, developers and product managers, because the countless smaller decisions they take on the basis of the data matter too.
You'll rotate around a variety of roles to help you shape your own career and give you the opportunity to build up the skills you will need to perform well - you will require a combination of analysis, delivery, data, technical and business partnering skills.
Who they are looking for
They are looking for people with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong proficiency with digital analytics tools. They are looking for ambitious people with inquiring minds, who can challenge and drive approaches to analytics data, as well as with the skills to analyse, interpret and visualise analytics data. You'll need to be well organised and good at working independently as well as with other people. A positive outlook, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are essential.
They are looking for people who have demonstrable skills and experience with analytics data, probably with at least 1-2 years' experience in either performance analysis in a government digital team, product analysis or analytics management within the private/charitable sector, data consultancy, or another relevant role.
Core skills that you'll be able to demonstrate:
• Selecting and using a range of appropriate tools and techniques to analyse analytics data
• Configuring a web analytics tool - for example, Google Analytics
• Carrying out straightforward SQL queries
• Learning how to use new analytics tools and techniques as technology evolves
• Developing KPIs and goals for a product or service (a performance framework')
• Using analytics data to tell compelling, evidence-based and actionable data stories to drive decisions, and feed into development of products
• Visualising data in easily understandable, engaging and actionable ways - such as dashboards or presentations
• Presenting your findings and ideas (both verbally and in writing) in a structured way that sets out complex issues very simply and explains your logic.
• Being adaptable and responsive, thinking on your feet
• Working with other people to create innovative, workable ideas and unlock problems, changing the way they see things
• Building relationships quickly with lots of people from different backgrounds
Additional skills areas that you won't have all of, but should have experience in two or more of:
• Practical understanding of how to work effectively as part of an Agile delivery team
• Working in government - you might, for example, be familiar with how government policy is made, how to government business case is written, or how to prepare for a Government Digital Service (GDS) assessment
• Software development or data engineering - this is not a development role, but could be a great opportunity for someone with this background to use their experience in a new context
• A:B/multivariate testing - you might have experience with frontend tools like Google Optimise, server-side tools like Optimizely, or in-house tools
• Statistics - you might know how to calculate error bars, know how to evaluate whether a finding is statistically significant, or have knowledge of statistical modelling techniques
• Data warehouses - you might know how to set up an ELT pipeline, have advanced SQL skills or have experience organising analytics data for multiple people and teams to contribute to
These are very exciting roles for the right candidates who are passionate about getting real value out of data and curious about the world.
The work will be varied and interesting and will give you lots of opportunities to develop and grow. They will help you learn and develop, and there is real scope for you to shape the future direction of the company, by leading teams and assignments, and taking responsibility for shaping our services, developing our ways of working and marketing what we can do.
In return they will offer a competitive package, and the chance to work on some fascinating assignments with our clients from across the Government, not for profit and private sectors.
This role may require you to apply SC Security Clearance. A key requisite for SC clearance is that you should be able to provide evidence of 5 years' recent residency in the UK.
Please do make an application and we will be in touch to discuss these exciting new opportunities further