Commercial Director - Partnerships - Bracknell HO/Flexible working from home options - up to £90k - J11647
Our client, a leading provider of data and analytics are seeking a Commercial Director - Partnerships to come and join the team. This is a new leadership role that has been created to help our client deliver the next phase of its exciting and ambitious Growth Delivered strategy in the UK.
Responsible for our Partner (top ten FMCG) clients, the main objectives of the role are:
• Growing our Partner Clients' engagement and advocacy, establishing long-term partnerships
• Optimising our Partner Clients' experience of partnership through service, return on investment and competitive advantage
• Delivering revenue growth for our Partner Clients
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing UK, there are four core areas of responsibility of the role:
• Client Leadership
• Business Leadership
• People Leadership
• Financial Leadership
The Commercial Director - Partnerships is accountable for driving advocacy and engagement at an Exec level, along with key influencers, decisions makers and leaders at a senior level across the Partner Client businesses, with the objective of securing, cultivating and maintaining long-term partnerships and delivering value from the partnership at a senior level.
The Commercial Director - Partnerships owns the translation and delivery of the strategy with our Partner clients, working with key stakeholders to design, develop and execute:
• A clear and compelling strategy and plan to deliver our business objectives
• A win strategy and engagement plan that ensures an ongoing relationship secured by early extension of contracted partnership
The Commercial Director - Partnerships leads a high performing team across our Partner (top ten FMCG) clients. Currently there are five direct reports, with accountability for all aspects of the team's performance and development, including delivery of objectives, performance management, client leadership, day to day management, personal and career development and behaviours. The individual in this role will be required to role model the Partnership approach, strong leadership, and values and behaviours.
The Commercial Director - Partnerships is accountable for the delivery of the Partner Client Group revenue and profit targets for the financial year, along with building the plan to deliver and exceed target across the team.
Key Skill Requirements
• Educated ideally to degree level and/ or with relevant professional qualifications.
• Several years' experience of working in a Sales Director, Marketing Director, and/ or Managing Consultant level
• Expert knowledge and understanding of FMCG product and/ or consumer-based business strategies and processes, including key decision makers and role demands across functions.
• A very high level understanding as to how FMCG clients make decisions, and how big data, analytic & technology solutions can provide value to senior management and cross functionally (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Insight, Category and Supply Chain).
• Extensive experience of operating, effectively engaging and influencing cross-functionally at Board level within medium to large organisations, directly or indirectly associated with the FMCG/ Retail sector.
• Strong experience and examples of personal ability to drive value to a client's business strategy and contribution to overall corporate objectives.
• Proven ability to handle complexity and multiple priorities at once, with clear coping and prioritisation strategies and issue resolution approaches.
• Ideally will have an established network of contacts at senior level within the FMCG industry or retail.
• Good experience of translating corporate strategy into practical and sustainable action plans.
• A strong track record of creating a local sales strategy, managing business plans and associated P&L.
• Proven results in driving top-line revenue growth and delivering agreed margins.
• Several years' experience of selling solutions as opposed to product sales (consultative selling) and the ability to build team's capability in this area.
• Expert relationship manager, influencer and negotiator with excellent understanding of FMCG budget processes, contracts, and client management are essential/ a pre-requsite
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to deliver valuable insight to key stakeholders internally and externally.
• A strong team player with a proven record of leading, developing & coaching high performing teams and successfully managing their personal development strategies.
• Comfortable leading for and driving change in working practice, culture, leading innovation and turning around business performance.
• Promotes customer focus and centricity, acts for the long-term client satisfaction and demonstrates sound commercial judgment.
• Willingness to travel and work at UK HQ based in Bracknell, Berkshire as business needs dictate.
Willingness to travel as and when the business dictates.
To find out more about this great new opportunity please give Sarah Coultrip on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in touch