Commercial Director - Strategy Growth - Bracknell HO/Flexible working from home options - up to £90k - J11648
Our client, a leading provider of data and analytics are seeking a Commercial Director - Category Growth to come and join the team. This is a new leadership role that has been created to help our client deliver the next phase of its exciting and ambitious Growth Delivered strategy in the UK.
This role will be a key member of the UK Senior Leadership Team, helping translate the company strategy into winning plans and leading the UK business to achieve them.
Responsible for the Manufacturing (CGDM) Category Growth clients, the main objectives of the role are:
• Growing the Category Growth Clients' engagement and advocacy, establishing long-term partnerships and ensuring 100% retention
• Optimising our Category Growth Clients' experience of partnership through service, return on investment and competitive advantage
• Delivering revenue growth for our Category Growth Clients
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing UK, there are four core areas of responsibility of the role:
• Client Leadership
• Business Leadership
• People Leadership
• Financial Leadership
Key Skill Requirements
• Educated ideally to degree level and/ or with relevant professional qualifications.
• Several years' experience of working in a Sales Director, Marketing Director, and/ or Managing Consultant level
• Expert knowledge and understanding of FMCG product and/ or consumer-based business strategies and processes, including key decision makers and role demands across functions.
• A very high level understanding as to how FMCG clients make decisions, and how big data, analytic & technology solutions can provide value to senior management and cross functionally (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Insight, Category and Supply Chain).
• Extensive experience of operating, effectively engaging and influencing cross-functionally at Board level within medium to large organisations, directly or indirectly associated with the FMCG/ Retail sector.
• Strong experience and examples of personal ability to drive value to a client's business strategy and contribution to overall corporate objectives.
• Proven ability to handle complexity and multiple priorities at once, with clear coping and prioritisation strategies and issue resolution approaches.
• Good experience of translating corporate strategy into practical and sustainable action plans.
• A strong track record of creating a local sales strategy, managing business plans and associated P&L.
• Proven results in driving top-line revenue growth and delivering agreed margins.
• Several years' experience of selling solutions as opposed to product sales (consultative selling) and the ability to build team's capability in this area.
• Expert relationship manager, influencer, and negotiator with excellent understanding of FMCG budget processes, contracts, and client management are essential/ a pre-requisite
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to deliver valuable insight to key stakeholders internally and externally.
• A strong team player with a proven record of leading, developing & coaching high performing teams and successfully managing their personal development strategies.
• Understands how to manage successfully and positively influence in a cross-functional working environment, delivering to expectations.
• Promotes customer focus and centricity, acts for the long-term client satisfaction and demonstrates sound commercial judgment.
• Willingness to travel and work at UK HQ based in Bracknell, Berkshire as business needs dictate.
• Willingness to travel as and when the business dictates.
To find out more about this great new opportunity please give Sarah Coultrip on 01256 314660 or make an application and we will be in touch