Business Economist * £40-50K * Hybrid working - Home & SE London * J11788
We are working with a growing outfit of business economists carrying out marketing effectiveness studies for brands - big and small - across many sectors. They are undergoing an exciting period of growth, expanding their e-commerce client base, and evolving our analytical tool kit. Econometric modelling - or marketing mix modelling - is at the core of what they do but they use a range of techniques depending on each project. Their ultimate goal is always to produce analysis that is thorough, clear and compelling.
They are now looking for a talented person with at least 1-2 years' experience to join their team. Someone who is as curious about what makes people tick as they are, with a drive to produce top quality work and a willingness to continue to learn. They love seeing their people grow into wise and trusted advisors to the marketers of the world.
The right candidate will be excited by the idea of joining our small but super dynamic team!
What they offer:
• The opportunity to work on projects covering a really interesting variety of brands
• Training that will elevate your skills and abilities to best-in-class
• Working closely with clients and advertising agencies, and participating in meetings and presentations
• Working in a creative sector with interesting people
• Option of flexible or part time hours, including parent-friendly hours
• A combination of office/at home working
• Competitive salary
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Data exploration; analyse data - using excel, R or other data visualisation tools - to identify trends, relationships and other useful insights to take into modelling
• Econometric modelling and other bespoke analysis useful for marketing people
• Making friends with their client's data and analysis people
• Converting model output into useful advice for clients
• Producing presentations, tools, and reports
• Data gathering and processing using excel and R.
You will have the following attributes:
• Graduated to master degree level in economics or combined subjects
• Bachelors graduates with a first or 2.1 from a top university will also be considered
• A people person with communication and story-telling skills to back it up - likely to have taken a literary or creative subject at A-level in addition to numerate subjects. Storytelling and conveying the complex in a simple, understandable way is critical to producing a robust piece of analysis that is shared and used
• Strong numeracy skills with a natural attention to detail - critical throughout the whole project lifecycle, from ensuring data inputs are accurate and complete, to scrutinising the output of our analyses.
• A demonstrable curiosity for what makes normal people tick, or what may make people change their behaviour - do you ask questions about your surroundings in your day-to-day life? Or wonder why people behave the way they do? This natural curiosity is key to really unpicking our project briefs, and we don't skimp on brainstorming time. We bounce ideas off each other and challenge conventional wisdoms.
• An interest in brands and marketing - your experience to date may have be applied in a different context i.e. Financial Services nut an interest in brands and marketing will be required.
• Not afraid to ask questions, the more the better
• Must have the right to work in the UK
Highly desirable but not a deal breaker
• Knowledge of R programming language or similar
• Proficient in excel
To find out more about this amazing opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note this client are unable to offer visa sponsorship.