J11888 - Assistant Manager, Private Analytics and Modelling, Audit and Assurance - London - Competitive Salary
We have an opportunity for you to join a growing Audit & Assurance Analytics & Modelling team within a global integrated professional services company. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects with a range of clients, delivering solutions to complex problems and driving insights using data that is often finance focussed. No two days are the same - you will constantly learn and develop your technical, professional and commercial skills. You will be part of a diverse team that brings together individuals and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds and where people are recognised for their contribution.
• Providing data analytics and modelling services and providing meaningful insights to audit teams and clients, using software such as SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, VBA, and Python on data from financial and other systems;
• Working with the audit teams to identify risks and design analytics to address these and integrate analytics and modelling offerings more deeply into the external audit approach;
• Assessing the structural soundness of models built by clients in a variety of software packages and building models for internal use or for use by audit teams;
• Presenting outputs and resolving queries and challenges using non-technical language, both verbally and in written reports;
• Performing a self-review before submitting your work for review, owning the quality of your work and taking pride in what you do;
• Working on a portfolio of audits and assurance projects - often working on a number at the same time - managing stakeholders and the wider team to ensure timely delivery of quality work and reporting to the engagement manager;
• Developing and contributing to analytics and modelling business development and go-to-market opportunities and activities;
• Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
• Building and developing long-term relationships with stakeholders across client organisations and the audit business;
Skills and Experiences
• Technical experience with one or more of the following tools: SQL, VBA, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, or Python;
• Ability to receive a number of structured and unstructured datasets and take them through the stages of cleansing, unification, analysis, output (visualisation) and then result interpretation;
• Ability to listen to a client requirement, distil it down to the key issues and design an effective solution that addresses the client's needs;
• Proactive with a desire to continue to learn and develop both quantitative and qualitative skills;
• Practical experience of working in or with an analytics or modelling team;
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines effectively;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the capability to deal with multiple stakeholders who are both technical and non-technical;
• An eye for detail, and a structured and thorough approach to delivering high quality output while also being able to take a step back and communicate the impact effectively with stakeholders;
• Ability to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships and work in a diverse team effectively; and
• Strong business acumen combined with a good understanding of finance and accounting.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk