Analytics Engineer- Competitive Package * Remote working/2 days per month in London office * J11619
With the breadth and scale of our clients businesses they have unique and unrivalled data assets. The potential to create benefits for customers and competitive advantage is huge and they need to seize this opportunity now.
They began their work to leverage these more strategically to power their ecosystem in 2018 and there is a core team incubating and guiding these efforts.
The purpose of this role is to join lead the data authority function: making this data accessible and accurate.
We need talent with expertise and experience of data analysis, data modelling and documentation.
• build the foundations for a better understanding of products and client base
• work with data structures and processes from across the Client Businesses and 3rd Parties
• perform detailed analysis on a large number of disparate data sets; both structured and unstructured;
• create data models with input from data science and data engineering
• create a high quality documentation library contributing to a platform which is scalable and easy to maintain
• profile extensive data sets, hunting out edge cases and inconsistencies for documentation and feedback purposes
• derive metrics and attributes from raw data sources for use in the data platform
• adopt DevOps & CI/CD methodologies to collaborate on a growing platform
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other numerate discipline
• Expert at interrogating data from multiple different types of source
• Have the right mix of high level interpersonal and technical skills to be able to work with businesses that have limited data expertise and/or documentation, but through interrogation of the data assets build a picture that can provide the engineering team with clarity on how to integrate the data into the relevant data platform
• Ability and strong desire to learn new technologies and languages
• Passion for the contemporary data and analytics landscape, the current tools, the latest approaches
• Good knowledge of Python (numpy, pandas, etc) is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to Identify and escalating key points/issues
• Experience writing code documentation
• Quick learner, ability to understand highly complex data sets.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
• Comfortable liaising with senior management as required.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence peers.
If you are interested in this role please make an aplication. Please be advised that we are only able to accept candidates who have working rights for the UK already as this client is unable to offer visa sponsorship.