Business Intelligence Analyst. London based. Competitive salary. J11548
A global logistics company is expanding their data intelligence & decision support department by hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to support the team on a variety of projects covering all aspects of business intelligence and strategy.
You will be responsible for liaising with all departments to help define reporting and develop solutions to facilitate the delivery of intelligence strategies. The Business Intelligence Analyst will function as the BI analytics tool expert providing on-demand reporting and training to other users. There will be considerable on the job training and opportunities to significantly expand your role, ranging from more advanced analytical work to product management.
Role & Responsibilities
• Operate as the primary contact between departments and IT to facilitate the delivery of business intelligence solutions.
• Work closely with IT project managers and operations to coordinate cross-functional project activities and ensures deliverables are accurate and meet customer requirements.
• Utilise business intelligence tools across all departments and functional areas providing detailed reporting and analysis. Interpret data and information and then communicate results to team members.
• Assess analytics and reporting needs, provide recommendations for enhanced solutions and specifications for business intelligence tools.
• Manage the delivery of BI solutions to internal and external customers.
• Ensure reporting needs across process areas are prioritized to support deployment strategies and business needs.
• Support development of prototypes and models for database, data integrations and data transformation needs.
• Maintain and develop strong working relationships with business owners as a process advocate.
• Help define data management standards and processes to effectively manage data through the reporting life cycle.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• 2+ years' experience in a relevant role with strong analytics and reporting experience.
• Good academics with a STEM background.
• Be able to effectively participate in cross-functional problem solving teams.
• Good attention to detail and decision making together with great interpersonal skills.
• Planning, analytical and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems and identify and apply appropriate solutions.
• Must have strong skills with Excel and SQL.
• Experience with R, STATA or SPSS is preferred.
• Experience with business intelligence tools, capabilities, and best practices desirable.
• Experience with VBA or Python would be advantageous.
If you fit the above job description please contact Olivia Ross on 01256 314 660.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.