Head of Data Analytics - ‘Hands on’
Negotiable to £100,000 OTE dependant on experience
Hybrid working – Manchester Office
Once bedded in, this role can be largely remote but there will be a need to visit our Head Office site in Trafford Park, Manchester.
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (required). Applicants must have the "Right to Work" in the UK already in place to be considered
HSS ProService is a dynamic and fast-growing marketplace business that is creating a unique, capital light technology-led offer that is disrupting the entire UK building services sector. We aim to create a truly flexible product offering and supply chain for our evolving customer needs through maximising technology - making us both attractive and easy to do business with.
We are looking for a talented and hands on Head of Data Analytics to support the next phase of our technology revolution through developing our data capabilities and building an effective data and analytics architecture that supports the discovery and release of value locked inside our data. Securing this outcome is central to our product strategy and our growth.
The business is undergoing a period of growth and rapid change - it is essential the Head of Data Analytics can adapt and act quickly whilst communicating with colleagues and other key stakeholders to ensure the company’s data capabilities continually evolve and are user focused.
The Head of Data Analytics is responsible for leading the data analytics strategy for ProService and driving insight and value from out data. The role will ensure our data systems are performant and available, that the data is consistent and easily accessible and allows key stakeholders to make decisions based on it. The role will also support bringing together the technology to allow a single view of our customers and supply chain.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in supporting game changing systems and being a key part in disruptive play. When new problems crop up, we need someone who can be creative, and effective, someone who brings a strong sense of logic, awareness and confidence to their work. The right candidate won't adhere to the status quo but instead will buck the trends and invent effective solutions.
What you'll do:
This role will be tasked with creating an outstanding data engineering and data science capability; creating the enterprise data strategy and defining the agile framework and processes to enable all business areas to turn requirements into insights to support data-based decisions. This will include:
- Sourcing of data and pipeline automation of data to the single version of truth;
- Adopting agreed frameworks as the standard for all data engineering company wide.
- Developing strategies that utilise Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence capability, in order to derive insights will also be key.
- Developing and maintaining quality metrics and strong operational and strategic relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Driving the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production;
- Managing the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualisations; and
- Driving data quality across ProService, through effective data governance.
- We are looking for an incredibly bright individual who has the potential to become our CDO within three years.
- You need the stamina to overcome big, challenging hurdles and find solutions and who can think outside the box and push boundaries.
- You will bring data expertise with a thorough understanding of data integration, mining, science and analytics technology systems.
- You will have passion, drive and a collaborative style
- You will also be tenacious, proactive, positive and have a delivery focussed mind-set. You will have a voracious appetite to learn and continuously improve.
- You will be curious and capable of rapidly developing a deep understanding of the sector.
Key Role Requirements include:
- Substantial experience with modern, AWS cloud-based, data technologies across the data stack;
- In-depth understanding and ability to contribute to building a company-wide strategy for data organization with proven success in facilitating the data organization's roadmap-building, and goal-setting processes;
- Strong strategic capabilities with solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to solve problems effectively
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please apply with your CV to our Recruitment Partner, Datatech Analytics via Teresa Cheeseman – Managing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org