Deputy Director: Data, Planning & Insights
Hybrid working with 40% in Islington office
£61,248 to £67,272 per annum
Greenpeace is a movement of people who are passionate about defending the natural world from destruction. Our vision is a greener, healthier and more peaceful planet, one that can sustain life for generations to come.
We find ourselves at a pivotal point in human history now. Climate change is rapidly accelerating and we are feeling the effects of it ever more – in the changes to our air, sea levels and more extreme weather events. The need to act to protect our planet has never been so urgent, yet governments and corporations are still dragging their feet. Our mission is to promote radical changes and new solutions to the ways we live on this planet so that we can all call it home for generations to come.
- Responsibility for developing and leading the delivery of data, insight, systems and processes needed to deliver fundraising, communication and supporter engagement strategies as well as wider organisational goals.
- Providing leadership, personal development and support to the Data, Planning and Insight team and advocating a data and insight driven approach to make evidence based decisions to grow income and maximise our campaign impact.
- As part of the Fundraising Leadership team (FLT), contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of our fundraising strategy and budgeting. Fostering collaborative working across the whole fundraising team and key colleagues.
- Together with other leadership teams, contributing to the development of wider organisational and campaign strategies, and delivery of relevant cross-organisation priorities such as our Digital Strategy and our Anti-racism Action Plan.
Essential qualities and skills:
- Experience of developing and implementing team, departmental and cross organisational strategies that embed data, planning and insights to meet goals.
- Significant experience in at least two of the following areas: data processing and management at scale; analysis and reporting provision at strategic and operational levels; communications planning in a complex supporter/customer context.
- Experience of producing multi-year financial modelling tools, scenario reporting, and performance benchmarking.
- Experience of leading a data and insights led approach, with proven ability to translate complex data and insights into actionable, strategic recommendations.
- Relevant experience of successfully leading teams with different specialisms through setting goals and priorities, supported by personal development, collaboration and team work.
- Experience of playing an influential role in major cross-organisational projects for example, data architecture and processes, new database/email platform.
- Strong commitment to Anti-racism and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies and experience of implementing Anti-Racist and EDI objectives.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to our recruitment partner, Datatech Analytics: Greenpeace@datatech.org.uk
Promoting diversity is at the forefront of what Greenpeace do and our focus doesn’t stop at our staff. We are constantly striving to better diversity in all aspects of our organisation, through who we employ, the experiences we represent and the changes for which we campaign.
We recognise the value in having a diverse workforce, as well as the importance of creating equal opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We select candidates based on how well they meet the criteria for the role and are committed to ensuring that applicants are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.