Data Science Analyst (Graduate)
£30,000 - £40,000 Negotiable DoE
Hybrid working - North London Head Office (Borehamwood) & Home
“Proud to employ great people who are passionate about what we do”
Safestore is the UK’s largest self-storage group, and part of the FTSE 250. We believe that engaged colleagues, who feel valued by our business, are the foundation of our customer-focused culture. We know our people as individuals, and show respect for each other, enabling everyone to have a voice so that they can bring their full, unique selves to work. We are exceptionally proud that, in 2021, we were awarded the prestigious 'Investors in People’ Platinum accreditation, placing us in the top 2% of accredited organisations in the UK.
“Unrivalled opportunity for career development and to positively influence the business”
This role is crucial in providing support to the pricing team to deliver the UK and EU pricing strategies and enable the business to achieve its objectives through dynamic pricing.
- Partner with other support departments to discover and deliver projects that use data and statistics in identifying trends and optimisation to support decision making
- Perform statistical analysis on our customer base and formulate pricing strategies to optimise revenue.
- Deliver insights to drive business decisions and design algorithms that can be used to improve our pricing strategy.
- Develop an excellent understanding of relevant internal and external data sources.
- Work together with other departments and stakeholders to develop and promote best practices in analytics and experimentation across the company.
- Design and build internal self-service analytics and experimentation tooling.
Experience & skills required
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative or statistical subject.
- An ability to articulate and interpret commercial-based questions, identifying and querying data (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- A sound understanding of statistics (probability distributions, sampling, hypothesis testing, regression) and some practical experience in applying some of these concepts in real-life problems.
- Experience using statistical software and programming using R, SQL, Python or similar in datasets.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to understand business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, deliver findings and recommendations, as well as to drive collaboration.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for product or business improvements and measuring the success of those initiatives.
- Experience in applying modelling techniques e.g. time series forecasting, segmentation / clustering, anomaly detection.
If this great opportunity interests you, please make an application to our Recruitment Partner, Datatech Analytics.
In the first instance please contact Sophie Stott - Consultant at email@example.com for an exploratory conversation.